Chicken Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
I have a pair of American Game chicks that's about 9 weeks old. They're $15 for the pair. I also have some of the most beautiful American Game pullets and stags for sale that you can find. They're $20 ea. But if you're interested I would prefer you took them all, because if we had to keep them we would need all of them to replace our current flock. Feel free to ask any questions, Thanks! :)

·
Backyard Breeder
1,329 Posts
What type of game are they ? ??What are the types of fowl are winning in the local pits??

Sent from my iPhone using Chicken Forum
What local pits? Gamebird fighting is against federal law in the US. You can get a year in federal penn for just watching a cockfight now. Take your 16 and under child and you can go for 3 years. I wouldn't even discuss it on this forum.
I don't fight mine and wouldn't sell to anyone that I knew was.
JMO

·
Registered
393 Posts
What type of game are they ? ??What are the types of fowl are winning in the local pits??
Cock fighting is very illegal in most countries. You probably will get caught if you decide this because roosters make noise. Especially when there is more than one. Most chicken keepers will only give roos on the basis it's dinner, livestock or it's a pet.

However to answer your question, yes game fowl are what were used in cock fights. There are american standard game fowl and old english game fowl. The term "game" refers to their previous use in cock fighting.

Any rooster can fight which is why when chicken keepers have extra roosters they either make them dinner, get more hens or give it to a good home.

source:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cockfight
http://www.humanesociety.org/assets/pdfs/animal_fighting/cockfighting_statelaws.pdf

I do not condone or support cock fighting.

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it" -Voltaire

To the original poster, good luck with your search. I hope you find the chickens you are looking for. Though you probably already found it since this post is 8 months old.

·
Registered
630 Posts

Sent from my iPhone using Chicken Forum
I wouldn't know because I don't fight them, but I do select for the game quality. I don't raise any specific color variety, but select for the game quality and other good qualities. They are 100% full blooded American Game. I do have some chickens available now, but not full AG at the moment. For those that are interested, I will have several young AG roosters for sale soon. I have hatched several batches of chicks and I am planning to raise them up and sell the roosters of the hatch. I plan to keep most of the hens, but I may have some hens for sale too. PM me if anyone has any questions. I also have some Game crosses available now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts