Chicken Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Administrator
18,194 Posts
The goats are big! It's been a long time since I've seen pics of them. They all look like they've been there forever. It helps when the human part of the pack sleeps in the same place for everyone to adjust quickly.

I think it actually takes the humans longer to settle in.

You can also drag pics from your folder on your computer to the forum too. That's if you're using your computer and not your phone.

·
Premium Member
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I only use my cell, it's much easier.
Yeah the goats are now almost 4 years old .time sure does fly

·
Administrator
18,194 Posts
Well, that's rather eye opening. It really doesn't feel that long to me. But when I look back at that time period a lot was going on in my life so it time did get away from me.

·
Super Moderator
3,154 Posts
Sorry been getting somewhat settled and back to work ugh.
Dawg we got a 10x20 shed and the goats have half and when I get chickens they will have the other half. I'm going to get kennel fencing to keep them enclosed due to the hawk family in my front yard . They will only be out free ranging when the dogs are outside.im going to keep a low amount,between 6-12 with one rooster. Probably gonna get easter eggers. I'm not getting chicks, the new house is smaller and there is no where for me to incubate or put a brooder up.

We have a mini lamancha male and a oberhasli male goat.( pets).both wethers.

I plan on setting 2 nest boxes for 2 pairs of my cockatiels. Fall I'll set boxes for my lovebirds. I already have a wait list of 5 people for cockatiel chicks which is good.i put an ad up on craigslist and got a good response so far.
Working full time with all these hours limits me to unpacking more , so will work on that on the weekends.
The husband is still trying to get a contractor here to clear some land to get a pole barn up.(and I want to out up a small above ground pool up like what we had in nj).
See Robin im back :)
Now I gotta figure out how to add pictures
Thanks for the update, keep us posted on the other birds.

·
Premium Member
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Cats are loose now and not locked up. My cats are strictly indoor cats

·
Premium Member
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
All the parrots are settled, I set up 3 nest boxes for 3 cockatiel pairs. Should have chicks hatching end of april :)

·
Administrator
18,194 Posts
That last pic. Is someone stuck between the cats? It's funny to see these big ol' dogs when it comes to crossing the line in the sand the cats put out there.

I keep forgetting, you're not totally birdless right now.

·
Premium Member
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Duke is terrified of the black and white cat Sylvester ( Sylvester has no issues using his claws to keep the dogs in line ). Timmy the other cat is super sweet.. Sylvester... not so much.

·
Administrator
18,194 Posts
One of dogs growled at Sissy years ago. She never forgave them and would hiss at any of them if they came too close according to her personal space.

None of mine were intimidated by the cats. I'll bet Duke got his fanny handed to him when he was doing his puppy routine around the cats.

·
Premium Member
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Sylvester is just an old cranky cat, but Duke didnt like him at first. I had to keep them seperated for 2 months. Then when Sylvester realized he could bully Duke he took full advantage of it and still does.
I think if duke wasnt such a jerk to Sylvester last year they would have been friends

·
Administrator
18,194 Posts
All it took was one dog growling and the rest was history so I get Sylvester being able to put him in his place even when he isn't doing anything to antagonize things.

·
Premium Member
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Sylvester is a jerk to people too. He has no issue biting or scratching us too so it's not just a dog issue. I dont know if it is cause he had one owner who gave him to the shelter last year at 15 or if it's his nature. We have had him a year and I am not sure which it is lol. His previous owner had him for 15 years . He is just a quirky cat

·
Administrator
18,194 Posts
Some are just like that. Be all loving one moment and want absolutely nothing to do with you and have no problem showing you how much they don't want you near them.

I had forgotten how you got him.

You know, he looks really good for his age.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Ha! I cat-sit for a Siamese like that- she is so mercurial!!
One time I come and she hisses at me from 3 feet away, the next she sniffs my hand and allows me to pet her, but only once or twice. Then I get swatted and hissed at again!
Apparently she’s just the same with her owners so I don’t take it personally.

·
Premium Member
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Siamese cats are notorious for being that way lol. My cousin had one and he was Dr Jekyll Mr Hyde all the time. If he sensed you were afraid of him he would sit next to you and stare at you and yowl until you got up and moved

·
Serama King
1,330 Posts
Our goats are Nubian and Nubian-Nigerian cross does. We're hoping to get a buck kid this Saturday. Beautiful pictures and wonderful set-up! I raised cockatiel and budgies (and a lot others) for many years. A very interesting project. Dogs do not stop hawk attacks for long which I found out last summer when a hawk repeated dived and took birds with the dogs right their barking their heads off.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts