Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bird Phasianidae Beak Galliformes Chicken

Bird Plant Beak Galliformes Phasianidae

Bird Plant Eye Beak Galliformes

Bird Phasianidae Beak Mammal Galliformes

Bird Plant Falcon Accipitridae Beak

Bird Eye Phasianidae Chicken Beak

Bird Beak Feather Wing Rock dove

I just wanted to share some updated pics of my little flock. Missing from them is one of my Easter Eggers because she is really shy for some reason. I can’t believe how much they’re all changing, and I think I’m starting to see more white in the cockerel. When he spreads his wings it looks like he has a feather or two under each wing that’s completely white. Are we still thinking Midnight Majesty Maran? And those feathered legs on Mimi (my light Brahma)! ❤ Thanks for letting me share.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Yeah, I'm still seeing a Midnight Majesty Marans. I don't have a picture to share of a Cuckoo Marans male specifically, but here is a young male Barred Rock to show you how much lighter a male with barring should be if he's pure for the gene:

Bird Phasianidae Chicken Beak Comb

Cute babies! ❤ Thanks for sharing update pictures!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If Mimi is the last pic, she has a home if you ever need to find a new one.

Do not look at me for breed on any of them. That's @fuzzies and @ChickenBiscuts that seem to have such a good knowledge base for so many breeds.
I know I shouldn’t have favorites, but Mimi and Millie are my favorites! I can’t help it. Millie is my Sapphire Gem. Fuzzies has been so great! I always appreciate the shared knowledge.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I'm still seeing a Midnight Majesty Marans. I don't have a picture to share of a Cuckoo Marans male specifically, but here is a young male Barred Rock to show you how much lighter a male with barring should be if he's pure for the gene:

View attachment 44215

Thank you for sharing your knowledge! I truly appreciate your replies. I am fascinated by all the different breeds.

·
Super Moderator
4,177 Posts
The iridescence will be very pretty, thanks for sharing your pics!

·
Registered
294 Posts

View attachment 44215

👍👍agreement!

I’m just gonna let you do all the typing from now on, save me all that energy. 🤣

1 - 11 of 11 Posts