Idaho Unique Feeders & Drinkers! Less Mess!

Discussion in 'Products / Feed / Coops' started by qcupoultry, Jan 31, 2014.

1. qcupoultry

qcupoultry New Member

Introducing our first line of products produced by hand here on our family farm! Stay tuned for new arrivals which we'll launch as soon as they have received the official "wings up" approval from our flock. See a video demonstration on our webpage and more on our Facebook page. Please PM me to order.

38oz. QCU Poultry Drinker Bottle

This is the bottle we use in our chicken brooders and quail cages. I love not having to dump out icky water! These bottles can rest on the bottom of your brooder or you can mount them using our optional hand crafted metal mounting bracket. Say goodbye to soiled water and wet chick bedding!

38oz. QCU Poultry Drinker Bottle (bottle only) - $9.00

38oz. QCU Poultry Drinker Bottle (with mounting bracket**) - $15.00

**(Inside or Outside Mount)

The QCU Poultry Drinker Bottle is readily accepted by day old chickens. If their first water experience is with the horizontal nipple from day one, they pick it up quickly. (We do use our QCU Poultry Drinker Cup for super tiny babies like quail for 7 days because their beaks are too small to nudge the pin) Show your babies where the water is like a mother hen by tapping on the metal pin, dip their beaks a few times just like with a cup drinker and they will get it. You won't see a big drop of water when they do it themselves. The water tends to be sipped close to the pin. If you want really tame chicks....tap the pin to get more of a puddle in the red depression. Chicks love to "gulp" and will rush over to get the treat whenever you do this. If they are used to a conventional drinker it might take a day for them to learn to sip. Once one chick understands how to sip at the droplets collecting in the red cup indentation the others will copy and will get plenty of CLEAN water to drink. Place the bottle so the nipple is at eye level or a bit below for best results. Raise the bottle as your chicks grow.

How does it work? The metal pin at the center of the nipple will release a small amount of water when the chick pecks. The small indentation under the pin collects the drops and the chick drinks. It doesn't take long for them to figure it out since they are naturally attracted to the red plastic.

Other Uses: Bantam cages, travel carriers, adult or juvenile game bird pens, and broody hen nests.

38 oz. QCU Poultry Feeder Bottle

We use this feeder for chicks, bantam cages, small breeding pens, and for our adult quail. The feeder bottle comes with one of three feeder port sizes:

38oz. QCU Poultry Feeder (bottle only)

Small - $9.00 (baby quail and bantam chicks)

Medium - $10.00 (adult quail, standard sized chicks, poults & ducklings)

Large - $11.00 (adult birds on pelleted feed)

38oz. QCU Poultry Feeder (with mounting bracket)

Small - $15.00

Medium - $16.00

Large - $17.00

The angled feeder port helps keep shavings and chick droppings out. For best results, you want the feeder port opening to be just below beak height. Adjust as your chicks grow to minimize feed spillage by enthusiastic chicks. Top off your feeder when it gets around 3/4 empty. Use the appropriate sized feeder port for your birds.

Attached Files:

2. LittleWings

LittleWings Backyard Breeder

Cool. What kind of chickens do you have?

3. qcupoultry

qcupoultry New Member

My most current assortment is on my webpage. Black copper marans, golden cuckoo marans, black tail buff marans, blue/black/splash orpington, jubilee orpington, wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucana......... :)

4. LittleWings

LittleWings Backyard Breeder

Nice. Do you have any pics of the Black Tail Buffs?

5. qcupoultry

qcupoultry New Member

Yes I do! I have a folder for them on my QCU Poultry Facebook page.

6. rich

rich rich386

If you haven't tried Horizontal Watering Nipples your living in the dark ages.

7. qcupoultry

qcupoultry New Member

I agree, Rich! I don't enjoy cleaning out poopy water, myself. LOL Here is a video of some baby birds using this drinker: [ame="http://youtu.be/i84CnmSd0Zc"]http://youtu.be/i84CnmSd0Zc[/ame]

8. qcupoultry

qcupoultry New Member

NEW!!! One gallon drinker!

Attached Files: