Chicken Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
rich386
85 Posts
Not safe to drink from a hose? OMG, now I'm gonna die from lead poisoning. I wonder how long it takes, I've been drinking from a hose for 45 years. I'm in my garden every day. I feel sick now.
I guess we are both doomed death by hose! What a way to go! I sell waterig systems too but would never use scare tactics to sell them. If your house was built in the last 15 yeare it more than likely has PVC pipe. I guess we are all going to die!
Here is my auto fill system with horizontal nipples comes compleat as pictured. I also included a picture of the extencions. Each nipple will serve 6 to 8 birds. Just screw on your poison hose and it is done.
More info. here [email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've used the nipples before they are really nice, I used them off a 3 inch PVC main body, with an upright of 2 inch PVC 6 foot tall with a cleanout/cap, unscrew and fill with hose. Enough clean water for all week. But it froze and split.. Freak winter really cold... I may consider rigging a new one up.. EV it would be really simple to apply to your coop. I could coach you through it. Think about it. And, Rob you can make it any size... Easy
you could put a heat tape on the plastic pipe to help it not freeze

·
Registered
22 Posts
The BriteTap chicken waterer shields your flocks water from dirt, debris and droppings. No more messy pans for you to clean out. Attach the BriteTap waterer to a standard water cooler or any other plastic container that can act as a water supply tank. It's clean water made simple!. Check out the BriteTap waterer at our website ChickenWaterer.com

where can i get this item from i'd like to use it for a free range waterer when they are out in the yard

·
rich386
85 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Some hoses are safe to drink from they will advertise on the packaging that it is, but not all. Personally those are the kind I buy started out of concern for my kids and keep buying safe ones for the animals. Why expose your animals to toxins if it can be helped and it's is so easy just to look for the ones that clearly say that the hose is safe for use if it is going to be drank.

That's is a cool watering device! How often do you end up with a cooler that the spot starts to leak and you end up tossing it out when it could be used for a chicken waterer. I like the keeping the water cool idea! You could even put ice in the cooler. Really nice!! I may just get me one.

Sent from my iPhone using Chicken Forum

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.