Chicken Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The BriteTap chicken waterer shields your flocks water from dirt, debris and droppings. No more messy pans for you to clean out. Attach the BriteTap waterer to a standard water cooler or any other plastic container that can act as a water supply tank. It's clean water made simple!. Check out the BriteTap waterer at our website ChickenWaterer.com

·
Banned
1,267 Posts
I've used the nipples before they are really nice, I used them off a 3 inch PVC main body, with an upright of 2 inch PVC 6 foot tall with a cleanout/cap, unscrew and fill with hose. Enough clean water for all week. But it froze and split.. Freak winter really cold... I may consider rigging a new one up.. EV it would be really simple to apply to your coop. I could coach you through it. Think about it. And, Rob you can make it any size... Easy

·
Premium Member
4,193 Posts
I would really really appreciate that. I went to their website and the box and nipples is less than $30. When I get my first paycheck I'm going to order one and see what it looks like in my hands. Cool. That's something else to look forward to. Asked my son if I could put the coop together and he asked me again to wait for him to come home for thanksgiving break.

·
Banned
1,267 Posts
The PVC pipe is the container, you have an upright section with a removable cap for more reservoir space, insert garden hose, fill PVC totally up w clean H2O and screw cap back on. All done !

·
Premium Member
4,193 Posts
But I thought that it wasn't healthy to drink water from a garden hose. For humans or chickens. And me and my animals, we don't drink tap water. So I was kinda thinking set up a little water tank outside with water hoses running inside and outside. My only concern would be freezing. What are your thoughts about that?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BriteTap Waterer - Water Supply

The BriteTap is designed to most easily fit on a water cooler because all you have to do is to unscrew the spigot and replace it with the BriteTap waterer. However, it can be fitted onto any food grade plastic container. For example, you could put it on a plastic pitcher or food-grade pail. This allows you to choose a capacity, size and style water container that best meets your needs and budget. See below images.

To see a video of the BriteTap waterer in operation, visit our web site ChickenWaterer.com

·
Registered
691 Posts
The BriteTap is designed to most easily fit on a water cooler because all you have to do is to unscrew the spigot and replace it with the BriteTap waterer. However, it can be fitted onto any food grade plastic container. For example, you could put it on a plastic pitcher or food-grade pail. This allows you to choose a capacity, size and style water container that best meets your needs and budget. See below images.

To see a video of the BriteTap waterer in operation, visit our web site ChickenWaterer.com
Looks like a nice product ChickenWaterer! I have posted a link to your website and video at the American Buckeye Club Facebook page....for those reading my reply, this is a "Vendor Page" and is NOT the place to compare homemade products to the Vendor's thread! Just not the place if anyone is listening to my two cents.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I use RV safe drinking water hoses to go from faucet to pen; the water is safe, clean and plentiful (but don't worry, the hoses are reasonably pressure-tolerant, although I use a multi hose hookup so I can drip-water my plants to keep the pressure correct or use a pressure regulator at need. I like the look of this waterer except for the clear plastic--you're going to be cleaning out a LOT of algae in summer....

·
1,466 Posts
How do you clean the pvc pipe?
a drop of bleach will kill anything that things it wants to grow in the pipe
the birds will still drink the water no problem there(but don't over do it)
if it gets away from you use a 1/2 cup of bleach just make sure you wash out the pipes really well when your finished.

piglett

1 - 20 of 29 Posts