Chicken Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Right now they are perching on the six foot fence because the weather has been so warm this past week. They usually perch in the coop.

·
Administrator
18,247 Posts
I had to go back and make sure I didn't have the Peas confused with the turkeys. When will the turkeys be confined to an area to prevent them from leaving home?

·
Super Moderator
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are supposed to be confined now but they use the house roof as an escape route. I have more netting and will probably have to put it up in the Spring.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Love the picture and your weather vane.
My turkeys do the same thing. Their crazy, but they keep me laughing.

·
Administrator
18,247 Posts
JP has Eastern Wilds. He'll be around later to explain why he has them. I still don't understand it but then I have Guineas.

·
Super Moderator
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I used to have them, so I hatched some this year again. They are endlessly entertaining. Benjamin Franklin proposed it as the national bird. They also considered a Gamecock but considered it too English. They eventually settled on the Bald Eagle.

·
Super Moderator
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When I went to school at U. Penn, there was/is a statue of Franklin on a bench with his glasses slid down his nose and an Eastern Wild Turkey beside him.

·
Super Moderator
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No, they use the roof to go check those cat dishes multiple times a day. They are going to defeat the netting, they already do to get in the trees. I'm going to have to think this one through some more.

·
Registered
168 Posts
We have Eastern Wilds that come into our woods. Some mated with the chocolates years ago which resulted in some interesting babies. The midget whites seem to be protective of "their" land. They own everything, silly birds.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts