Chicken Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son just came in and our tom apparently snatched a feed sack string and "gobbled" it up. Granted I know there is little to be done now that it's down the hatch. What's the likely hood of it causing major problems? I figure they probably eat all kinds of strange things we are oblivious to and we're never none the wiser. In some species of animals this would be a major concern... perhaps in turkeys, too. Just not something I've dealt with that I am aware of.

·
Super Moderator
3,160 Posts
My son just came in and our tom apparently snatched a feed sack string and "gobbled" it up. Granted I know there is little to be done now that it's down the hatch. What's the likely hood of it causing major problems? I figure they probably eat all kinds of strange things we are oblivious to and we're never none the wiser. In some species of animals this would be a major concern... perhaps in turkeys, too. Just not something I've dealt with that I am aware of.
The short answer is your turkey will probably be okay. The feed sack strings are usually cotton or hemp based, ie. not synthetic. A couple of questions- what breed of turkey, how old? Are your turkeys free range or in a run? Do they have access to sand, grit or chick grit? Mine are in a run but they fly out and free range daily.

·
Administrator
18,247 Posts
The short answer is your turkey will probably be okay. The feed sack strings are usually cotton or hemp based, ie. not synthetic. A couple of questions- what breed of turkey, how old? Are your turkeys free range or in a run? Do they have access to sand, grit or chick grit? Mine are in a run but they fly out and free range daily.
You're late. :mad:

·
Administrator
18,247 Posts
Tuesday. But you're changing the subject. Aren't you?

And Happy New Year to you and Melissa. And the babies.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts