Chicken Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
977 Posts
Why did you do it? Was he attacking you?
Our rooster has big thick spurs but he needs them if a fox shows up!

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
kaufranc said:
Why did you do it? Was he attacking you?
Our rooster has big thick spurs but he needs them if a fox shows up!
No, not attacking me. He is a new roo that will go in with the new hen we picked up. They are in quarantine together right now, then, they will both go into my Serama flock that has two other hens, and another roo. I just didn't want him to have se great advantage over my other roo if fighting leads to bad fighting when I introduce them.

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
Holy cow, with spurs like that um yeah I would have removed them too I dont care if there is foxes around. I would rather stop a potential disaster before it happens. My luck a rooster like that would be fine with me but go after my 4yo like a rooster did last summer. My (then 3yo) was just running around the yard when one of our Blue Andalusian rooster went after her. Needless to say it took my husband about 2 seconds to get the 20ga and we made ole Blue dinner !

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Apyl said:
Holy cow, with spurs like that um yeah I would have removed them too I dont care if there is foxes around. I would rather stop a potential disaster before it happens. My luck a rooster like that would be fine with me but go after my 4yo like a rooster did last summer. My (then 3yo) was just running around the yard when one of our Blue Andalusian rooster went after her. Needless to say it took my husband about 2 seconds to get the 20ga and we made ole Blue dinner !
I wish the iPad app had a "like" button. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts