Chicken Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
How old are they? Yogurt is okay if they're really little yet. As they get a few weeks of age on them, cooked oatmeal, cottage cheese, spaghetti are some favorites.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
7chicks said:
How old are they? Yogurt is okay if they're really little yet. As they get a few weeks of age on them, cooked oatmeal, cottage cheese, spaghetti are some favorites.
I'm not sure, I just got them from a feed store a week ago

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
You can give them all kinds of stuff. Greens, grass, dandalion greens, yogurt, scrambled eggs, cottage cheese, ect. Just make sure to add grit to their brooder so its available before giving treats.

Oh and since you got your chicks a week ago they are most likely a good week and a half old.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Apyl said:
You can give them all kinds of stuff. Greens, grass, dandalion greens, yogurt, scrambled eggs, cottage cheese, ect. Just make sure to add grit to their brooder so its available before giving treats.

Oh and since you got your chicks a week ago they are most likely a good week and a half old.
Great, thank you! :D

·
Registered
764 Posts
My little ones go crazy for raisins! But I would wait till they were around 3 weeks to give them that. Raisins are a bit big for them to eat at a week and a half.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
GenFoe said:
My little ones go crazy for raisins! But I would wait till they were around 3 weeks to give them that. Raisins are a bit big for them to eat at a week and a half.
Awesome, thank you!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've been giving them the strawberry tops I cut off. They've been eating the fruit and leaving the leaves. They know the mealworm bag too. They come running and pecking at the red bag.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
grandma5 said:
I've been giving them the strawberry tops I cut off. They've been eating the fruit and leaving the leaves. They know the mealworm bag too. They come running and pecking at the red bag.
Cool, thanks! :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
My friend's chickens love mealworms! When I got visit I usually take some mealworms. They know me since I bring the mealworms and they will come and "attack" me! haha!

Since I take them live mealworms they love to go after them. It's not that the worms really get far. They cannot crawl that fast. But chickens love to eat them cause they are moving.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts