Chicken Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
The cheapest can of cat food you can buy or sardines ... best of luck.

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
Peanut butter it is, the trap is set. I allready had peanut butter on hand. If I dont see results in a few days Ill try and catch my cat.:eek:
Yes, that is the only problem that comes with using the cat food or sardines ... Is there a way to keep the cat up over night?

·
Registered
320 Posts
I run into this same problem myself. We have 5 cats plus another couple neighbors we feed. All outdoors. Any live trap we put out, nets a cat.

·
Premium Member
4,193 Posts
I know this sounds nuts but tell the cat what you need to have happen. You'd be surprised how often you can get them to be a cooperative team member. I know it sounds nuts but it works for me all the time.

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
Anybody have a good bait to catch a raccoon , I already have a livetrap. Somebody has to have a surefire way. Thanks for any advice in advance.
Lets try this then ...

Lock the chickens in the coop and put the trap in the run. (Sorry, I can't remember if you free range or have a run. :eek:)

Just a thought ...

·
Registered
116 Posts
Anybody have a good bait to catch a raccoon , I already have a livetrap. Somebody has to have a surefire way. Thanks for any advice in advance.
Marshmellows. Really and truely.

***** have a sweet tooth and marshmellows will not attract any thing else (like catfood and sardines will).

·
seiuchin
22 Posts
What will you do with the raccoons once you trap them? I read that back in the old days they used to feed chickens cooked raccoon!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Whatever you do, don't do what my husband did years ago to me. He said he wanted a "daniel boone" hat..... Okay at that time we weren't having **** attacks as they are now. So driving back from a friends house he saw a **** on the side of the road. He asked if I would make him a cap of it.... I said sure - never guessing what he would do next!!!!!!! and then he pulled over picked up the deceased **** by his tail. Even with him holding the **** outside of the road and me holding my head out the window on the passenger side of the car on that 1/2 mile ride home. the smell was awful................ The cap never got made! The **** was buried without honors.
Now please understand that i am a college educated person, who used to have an administrative job and am adventurous on many things. I have eaten snake - actually very good, but I think a **** would be a challenge to eat. Although many folks in the south used to eat sweet taters and ****............Is this a true story.....hahaha yes....

1 - 20 of 57 Posts