Chicken Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I'm just so excited to say tomorrow I'm ordering one more silkie! I'm getting a buff 2 1/2 month old! I'm really happy! Then I'll have my small flock of four silkies. Two partridge, one blue, and one buff. Then I'm done. I hope the others get along together. It's the same breeder as before and they we're raised together. I just Hope it works out well! I wanted to share with all of you because I'm so excited! Also I have a question, what's the best way to introduce my new silkie to the other silkies? My oldest is 2 1/2 months old also. Youngest being 5 weeks. Any tips or advice? Will they remember each other from the breeder? Just wondering? Any advice is welcome!

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Where are you getting yours? Wow that sounds great! Gotta love the little critters! I really enjoy mine lots of fun! Mine are still all in the house even my 2 1/2 month old! I'm so attached to them! Show pics of you're new babies!

·
1,466 Posts
there will be some pecking , that is their way
unless there is blood DON'T REMOVE THE NEW BIRD
doing so may just cause bigger problems in the future
they will work things out
your flock is so small so they sould be just fine after a couple of days
good luck
piglett

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well it's official! I've ordered my buff silkie! Wanted to order it fast because the breeder only had two left! In the 2-3 month old range. I likely won't get it until Tuesday. Being the weekend coming up and all. If they ship Monday she will be here Tuesday! Excited, excited! Thanks for the advice! I'll keep an eye out on them. Do you think it's possible they will remember each other?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts