Chicken Forum banner

Tom & Jerry

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Maryellen 
#1 ·
Meet the boys.... today was getting to know you speed dating lol....

This was 3 hours of time together. I will be doing this every night for a week so it's a smooth transition for everyone. My two are females, my white one was sold to me as a male but when "he" started laying eggs that changed lol... my breeder was upset she felt horrible that she sold me a female.
I got the boys to pair the girls up .. the boys are bigger, and ALOT noisier, they make all sorts of chirping noises and sound like wild birds, their whistles are ear shattering. They are semi tame, the gray one more then the white/yellow one.

They are settling in nicely. The previous owners didn't have time for them and the husband was freaked out by them. Their daughter brought home a slew of critters from snakes to geckos to birds, and now that she drives the critters fell to the parents to care for. So on to craigslist they went. I got them,2 cages, 2 playstands, a travel cage and food and accessories for a steal.

See less See more
#5 ·
Birds are fun!My blue crown conure calls me Mom ,he learned it growing up with my daughter,he also learned to keep saying Mom until I answered back.Now the African Gray calls me Mom and my husband Dale.The Gray also crows,barks,meows,mimics the oven noises and microwave,seeda truck backing up and so much more.Birds are great as long as you can stand the mess and noise.Plus.I have a couple fo chickens that come in the house and the first thing they do is go back to the bird room and pick at seed on the floor or out of the container of used bird seed that I dump outside on Sat. for everybody. My chickens love the bird seed,there is usually nothing left-even the red peppers get eaten.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.