Chicken Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all.

Getting some eggs from the following hens:

Mystery Bantams ! Some look like easter eggers. Others are sizzles. So assorted bantams.

Buff Orpington
Easter Eggers
Australorp
Barred Rock
Blue Laced Red Wyandotte
Silver Laced Wyandotte
Golden Laced Wyandotte
Jersey Giant
Old English Game Bird
Light Brahma
Black Copper Marans
Millie Fleur D'uccle
Rhode Island Red

And the roosters in the flock are Blue Laced Red Wyandotte and Silver Laced Wyandotte. Think the chickes will be cute ? :D

·
23 Posts
I will have to say some of my most favorite hens are those that are from what we like to call barn yard stock. I think my favorite hen I have had so far was part RIR and Welsummer. The mom was a RIR and dad was the Welsummer. She has such beautiful colors and really sweet too. She would come to the back door every morning after the girls went to school just to see what I was up to and what treats she could get before anyone else lol. Then a few weeks later she brought along 2 of her best buddies that were hens too. LOL.
I love to see all the mixed chicks to me they are the ones that turn out the best and awsome egg layers and go broody a lot as well.
I am thinking of putting my Black Frizzle hen with my D'Uncle roo and his hens to see what I can get from her.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well built for first time coop! Now from what i see theres not much cover, perhaps build an area with 3 walls and roof over the top, just to keep the birds out of the weather, but very well done!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts