Me: a chicken diaper
Mom: what do you need that for?
Dad: It's a diaper for a chicken
Mom: //just glares//

Is there anyone else that finds their piece of mind cleaning their coop? 

·
Flocker
1,588 Posts
I had bantams, and found a long, thick turd in there one time. ( Can I say turd on here?) Kinda looked like a dog had been in there. It threw me into a tizzy, and I questioned the forum I was on at the time, and after a really funny thread, I found out if was normal. No wonder that rooster had a bad attitude!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
I feel as good having giving their house a good cleaning as my own. Especially when I've found a new way to make their home a bit better yet for them or something new to entertain them. Today it was finally figuring out a way to get rid of the saw horses for the short perch for Lilah - who doesn't like to share & has her own. Oh yes, what we don't do for those little feathered fuzzy butt babies ... :eek:

·
Registered
285 Posts
My kids and husband think I have totally lost it...Let me explain...I have about a 14 foot tree limb my girls can roost on in their outdoor covered pen...one end is put in the chain link on the fence and the other end I have setting on a little ladder that I sit on. Everyday I go out to sit and watch them to make sure everyone is getting along and nobody has any problems...with a little bowl of cheerios for treets...I sit on the ladder and one at a time they take turns jumping on the tree limb, waiting their turn to sit on my lap and be made of!! They love it, I love it!! I have 14 little ladies...nothing is more relaxing to me...Jen

·
Registered
94 Posts
All my little ones that I have hatched out from the incubator got the knickname of my little peas (chicks - chickpeas-peas for short) so every morning they got a greeting of "how are u little peas" or pollie peas for the polish to which a got course of tweets back and we would have a chat. When letting the big coop out I always say morning chookens and tell them what the weather is as it can be boggy by the coop so I tell them to take it steady if wet n Icey.

taking to a random chickens with their weird names "poot cake, squirt, jinny, gimpels, flighty, dotty, goldie, Brutus" to name a few.

Mam can I have a new wheelbarrow for Xmas

on my day off I am having a "coop day" (mucking everyone out)

Don't throw that out the chickens will have it, yes they do like Xmas pud and lemon meringue pie etc

·
Registered
138 Posts
Fuzzie- I think my coworkers are sick of me pulling out my phone to show them yet another cute chicken pic or video. I wonder what they really think??

1 - 20 of 42 Posts