Things You Never Said Until You Had Chickens

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by ForeverFeathered, Dec 16, 2012.

1. ForeverFeathered

ForeverFeathered New Member

Mom: What is that?
    Me: a chicken diaper
    Mom: what do you need that for?
    Dad: It's a diaper for a chicken
    Mom: //just glares//

Is there anyone else that finds their piece of mind cleaning their coop? 

2. rob

rob New Member

cleaning a coop is very therapeutic

3. fuzziebutt

fuzziebutt Flocker

I had bantams, and found a long, thick turd in there one time. ( Can I say turd on here?) Kinda looked like a dog had been in there. It threw me into a tizzy, and I questioned the forum I was on at the time, and after a really funny thread, I found out if was normal. No wonder that rooster had a bad attitude!!!!

4. BlackCrowFarm

BlackCrowFarm Junior Member

I love fuzzy butts!!!!! Only chicken people know for sure!;) :D

5. ForeverFeathered

Very true!

Haha my parents won't let me bring the girls inside 

6. toybarons

toybarons I luv Polish & Houdans

Best stress reliever ever is to take my coffee and sit on my bench and watch my chickens be themselves.

7. 7chicks

7chicks New Member

I feel as good having giving their house a good cleaning as my own. Especially when I've found a new way to make their home a bit better yet for them or something new to entertain them. Today it was finally figuring out a way to get rid of the saw horses for the short perch for Lilah - who doesn't like to share & has her own. Oh yes, what we don't do for those little feathered fuzzy butt babies ... :eek:

8. ForeverFeathered

I love to just sit and watch them... In the cold... With no jacket x

9. DanielleBoland

DanielleBoland New Member

Chickens are a stress reliever for me theyre funny i just love to watch them..

10. ChickenAdmin

ChickenAdmin Administrator Staff Member

"Who's a good looking chicken?"

While talking to the chickens.

11. ForeverFeathered

"Who's such a fluffybums!!! Yus you are, yus you are!" 

12. DanielleBoland

DanielleBoland New Member

Mom I want a Flock Block for christmas

13. TheLazyL

TheLazyL Member

"What are we having for dinner?"

"Chicken."

"Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Not so loud! They might hear you!"

14. Mamachickof14

Mamachickof14 New Member

My kids and husband think I have totally lost it...Let me explain...I have about a 14 foot tree limb my girls can roost on in their outdoor covered pen...one end is put in the chain link on the fence and the other end I have setting on a little ladder that I sit on. Everyday I go out to sit and watch them to make sure everyone is getting along and nobody has any problems...with a little bowl of cheerios for treets...I sit on the ladder and one at a time they take turns jumping on the tree limb, waiting their turn to sit on my lap and be made of!! They love it, I love it!! I have 14 little ladies...nothing is more relaxing to me...Jen

15. ThreeJ

ThreeJ New Member

I tell them goodnight " chicky poos " every night when I close them up for the night.

16. Kellence

Kellence New Member

All my little ones that I have hatched out from the incubator got the knickname of my little peas (chicks - chickpeas-peas for short) so every morning they got a greeting of "how are u little peas" or pollie peas for the polish to which a got course of tweets back and we would have a chat. When letting the big coop out I always say morning chookens and tell them what the weather is as it can be boggy by the coop so I tell them to take it steady if wet n Icey.

taking to a random chickens with their weird names "poot cake, squirt, jinny, gimpels, flighty, dotty, goldie, Brutus" to name a few.

Mam can I have a new wheelbarrow for Xmas

on my day off I am having a "coop day" (mucking everyone out)

Don't throw that out the chickens will have it, yes they do like Xmas pud and lemon meringue pie etc

17. kahiltna_flock

kahiltna_flock New Member

Funny, I say the same thing. =]

18. Roslyn

Roslyn A Round American Woman

While looking at an interesting shaped poo pile, "Oh that looks like an ice cream cone!"

19. fuzziebutt

fuzziebutt Flocker

"Here, let me show you a picture of my new girl"!!

Surely, I'm not the only one that carried pictures of my chickens, am I?? :confused:

20. jen3910

jen3910 New Member

Fuzzie- I think my coworkers are sick of me pulling out my phone to show them yet another cute chicken pic or video. I wonder what they really think??