Thieving Chipmunks!

Discussion in 'Parasites, Pests, & Predators' started by dragon_lady, Aug 5, 2012.

1. dragon_lady

dragon_lady New Member

I discovered the feed dispenser was being emptied rather quickly during the last few days, and wondering why until I saw a chipmunk sitting in teh feeder helping itself to the food.
    When it realised I was watching the chipmunk ran for cover....under the henhouse!

I found a small entrance that led to a space we had over looked during the modifications to our girls accomadation.

After some research on chipmunks and chickens we purchased a rat trap (rodentrap) and captured 2 in 2 hours! (chipmunks...not chickens lol!)

Apparently the chipmunks will take as much food as they can carry into their burrow and cause an added attraction for rats...

anyone else have chipmunk problems?

:)

2. Apyl

Apyl New Member

lol I can imagine the little chipmunk sitting there cramming its face full of feed. Luckily we do not have the problem, our cat keep the rodents at bay.

3. rob

rob New Member

ahhh bless chipmunks. :) you can tell we dont have them here lol

4. ThreeJ

ThreeJ New Member

Destructive as well. I was getting the wiring on my cars chewed on. I took care of 14 of them in less than a week. Hopefully you got them all.

5. Keith

Keith New Member

Has anyone found roosters to be good at being aggressive towards nuisance things like rats/squirrels?

6. ThreeJ

ThreeJ New Member

I have a rooster that is aggressive towards my 4 year old daughter.:( Scared the crap out of her.:eek: He didn't hurt her just came up and flaped his wings. That was only the first time that happened, I think it scared the crap out of the rooster too.:D

7. TheLazyL

TheLazyL Member

Nope.

Wife feeds every stay cat within the 5 surrounding states.

No rabbits either :mad:

8. oakwood

oakwood New Member

Grey squirrels are a pest here in the UK .:(

9. rob

rob New Member

they seem to be everywhere lately dont they.