Chicken Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I discovered the feed dispenser was being emptied rather quickly during the last few days, and wondering why until I saw a chipmunk sitting in teh feeder helping itself to the food.
When it realised I was watching the chipmunk ran for cover....under the henhouse!

I found a small entrance that led to a space we had over looked during the modifications to our girls accomadation.

After some research on chipmunks and chickens we purchased a rat trap (rodentrap) and captured 2 in 2 hours! (chipmunks...not chickens lol!)

Apparently the chipmunks will take as much food as they can carry into their burrow and cause an added attraction for rats...

anyone else have chipmunk problems?

:)

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
lol I can imagine the little chipmunk sitting there cramming its face full of feed. Luckily we do not have the problem, our cat keep the rodents at bay.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Has anyone found roosters to be good at being aggressive towards nuisance things like rats/squirrels?

·
Registered
832 Posts
I have a rooster that is aggressive towards my 4 year old daughter.:( Scared the crap out of her.:eek: He didn't hurt her just came up and flaped his wings. That was only the first time that happened, I think it scared the crap out of the rooster too.:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts