Chicken Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don’t have any new pictures or videos because it was so brief that it was gone before I processed what was happening.

Im already scared of the dark and at night my pigeon coop is pitch black, but I have to go through my pigeon coop to get to the outside area where their water is so I can bring it inside.

As I stepped outside of the coop I breathed a sigh of relief… And then I started screaming hysterically. There was a tiny bird, the size of a songbird, silently flying all around me. It was the owl again. 😂

my little brother
got scared and started screaming with me even though he was about 20 feet away 😂

·
Registered
255 Posts
I don't know how small they make owls where you are, but they're bigger than a tiny bird where I'm from. Maybe you saw a bat? Or any other small flying bird, but probably not an owl.

·
Administrator
22,591 Posts
She has an owl that hangs with her pigeons. It's a little thing. Not much bigger than the pigeons. I just can't remember the name of it. There's a pick of it on here somewhere.

@Hania41806 all I can say is I'm glad I didn't have coffee in my mouth when I started reading.

·
Registered
255 Posts
She has an owl that hangs with her pigeons. It's a little thing. Not much bigger than the pigeons. I just can't remember the name of it. There's a pick of it on here somewhere.

@Hania41806 all I can say is I'm glad I didn't have coffee in my mouth when I started reading.
That's right. I remember now. Went back and found the pics. My apologies. I shoulda been in bed when I typed my reply earlier!

·
Super Moderator
3,935 Posts
I think the only reason I remembered is because it was so adorable and that her birds were not in any jeopardy.
We like hearing about the owl. It is the cutest little thing ever!

Reactions: Hania41806

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I don’t know if I said it in my last post about the owl but I do think I initially mis-identified it. At first I thought he was a boreal owl but now I believe he is a saw-whet owl. They are very similar and can easily be mixed up but saw-whets are on average about 5 cm shorter and have dark beaks instead of yellow ones. Here is some pics I found online:
Hand Bird Finger Terrestrial animal Thumb
Bird Beak Feather Bird of prey Falconiformes

Nose Skin Smile Lip Bird

·
Administrator
22,591 Posts
Look at how tiny they are. I never knew they came in such small sizes.

I sure hope you get to keep your little guy or girl around. Maybe at some point it will get past you coming and going and will remain roosting with the pigeons.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts