The babies got apples today

Discussion in 'Chicken Stories and Images' started by DansChickens, Dec 8, 2012.

1. DansChickens

DansChickens Member

What special treat did you give to your chickens?

Attached Files:

2. rob

rob New Member

mine had mealworms.

3. jen3910

jen3910 New Member

Today only scratch. Yesterday a leftover piece of cheeseburger. They went crazy over that. A very rare treat.

4. kitz

kitz New Member

I gave mine some cherrios

5. Jeremysbrinkman

Jeremysbrinkman New Member

Mine got more turnip greens LOL

6. 7chicks

7chicks New Member

Sunflower seeds & cracked corn this a.m. Something to keep them busy in their for run for awhile.

7. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

Strawberry yogurt........

8. kahiltna_flock

kahiltna_flock New Member

Some cooked 7 grain cereal with some Greek yogurt and chopped apples mixed in.

9. robopetz

robopetz New Member

Today was veggie mix. I give my buff silkie Pheobie either veggie or fruit every morning. And occasionally some type of wheat bread in the evening.

10. Sundancers

Sundancers New Member

Salad trimmings from the greenhouse ...

11. TravisFoxTN

TravisFoxTN New Member

Wheat bread & sunflower seeds :)

12. Catherine

Catherine Junior Member

Ethel is a piggie over the mealie worms. I have to hand feed lucy and mr chicken worms out of my hand for them to get any.

13. Catherine

Catherine Junior Member

I gave mine some dry cat food mixed with the scratch, some lettuce ,mealie worms, also mixed some on sale discontinued omega 3 chicken meal we found at tractor supply last week. Never thought about meat , I have 2 dogs and a cat that would not want to share that treat with a bunch o birds lol. Who'd a thunk chickens would like meat ! Then again robins feed worms to their babies , worms could be considered meat I suppose.

image-2171859799.jpg

Oops I was looking for a better picture of my chicken art. These are wine cork stoppers but I also do the same chicken as a knob on cannister sets in the past . I'm on my iPad and it doesn't allow me access to all my picture files I keep in Facebook . I'll be taking more pics and learning more about how to use this forum as I go . I don't usually have this much time to spend online so feel like I'm posting way too much tonite cause I don't know when I'll be able to get on again and the things I'm reading about are so useful ,important, and of huge interest to me as a total newbie ... Thanks for all the imfo dear peeple. ;o)

14. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

Posting is like planting seeds. You come back and you've grown a wonderful rich conversation to enjoy.

15. rob

rob New Member

did you make those ?

16. chickenman18

chickenman18 New Member

Hey what sort of cock is it in the first pic he looks like a great bird

17. Treehouse

Treehouse New Member

nice thought

18. Treehouse

Treehouse New Member

we are eating our decorations now that the holidays are over. Chicks pecked every morsel and seed from the rinds of pretty squashes.

19. Jenmonroy

Jenmonroy New Member

Oatmeal with fruits is the girls' favorite snack

20. seminole wind

seminole wind Well-Known Member

Jen these posts are so old you should start new ones. But it is also fun to go thru the old threads.