Chicken Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1049 Posts

·
Backyard Breeder
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep, we got some. It was nice too. Like an inch a day for 3 days straight.
I think you are right on your chickens. I have 3 EE hens that look a lot like her. I have 1 BR pullet about that same age and I have 1 Leghorn hen.
I'm crossing my Leghorn hen with my Lavender Ameraucana roo to make some Super Blue Egg Layers. I have one about 12 or 13 weeks old.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
LittleWings said:
We got a little rain this morning as the cold front came through. Going to have a high today of only 91 degrees. Brrrrrrrr!
Lots of chicks hatching here. Makes me glad for warmer temps, much easier to keep them warm in the outside brooders, and easier to sell!

·
Registered
137 Posts
No cold front here, it's supposed to get to 105 today. Looking forward to September!
Jim , what kind of chickens do you sell?

·
Backyard Breeder
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yep, this winter we had 5 brooder boxes in the house. I was very happy when it got warm enough to go outside. I built a brooder in one of the coops to move them to.
I'm not sure if I will hatch through the hard winter this year. No one buys them in the winter anyway and its harder to grow them out.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi all. I'm in the super dry Texas area in Lubbock. I only have my small flock of six. I think they are one barred rock, one buff Orpington, and four red (I think Rhode Island Red?). They are almost 18 weeks so hopefully I will have an egg countdown next month or so.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Barnbum374 said:
No cold front here, it's supposed to get to 105 today. Looking forward to September!
Jim , what kind of chickens do you sell?
Right now we are hatching out Ameraucana/EE(nice colors, big muffs) , Rhode Island Red, Barred Rock, Buff Orpington, Serama, and soon, Blue and Splash Orpington. And we have some Jersey Giant pullets we ordered from Ideal ( I had a customer wanting some, and that was the only way I could source them).

·
Registered
84 Posts
LittleWings said:
Welcome bcfox. I saw your birds on another thread. Hope they all turn out to be pullets. Your BR looks like she is getting close to laying. Yours may be New Hampshire Reds. I think they have the dark tail feathers.
I hope they are all pullets as well! I am anxiously awaiting the eggs. The BR and one of the red ones have gotten really dark combs this last couple of weeks so I am anticipating in the next couple of weeks.

·
Registered
100 Posts
*runs sliding in like a mad woman, whooping and hollaring*

I found y'all!!!!!!!! Now your stuck with me!

Austin & Slatts - I'm in New Braunfels.

The rest of y'all, I'm sorry you live any where else :p

I'm the proud feathered mommy to : 4 EE, 2 SLW, 2 BO, 1 Maran, BR, RIR, SS, bantam mix, and a frizzle Cochin rooster (bantam).

I've got 5 wheaten/blue wheaten Amercaunas and 6 Blue/Blue copper Marans in a friends incubator, have been in a week today.

I'm planning on breeding frizzled colored egg layers come spring time, and the project makes me overly giddy. Lol :)

·
Backyard Breeder
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
*runs sliding in like a mad woman, whooping and hollaring*

I found y'all!!!!!!!! Now your stuck with me!

Austin & Slatts - I'm in New Braunfels.

The rest of y'all, I'm sorry you live any where else :p

I'm the proud feathered mommy to : 4 EE, 2 SLW, 2 BO, 1 Maran, BR, RIR, SS, bantam mix, and a frizzle Cochin rooster (bantam).

I've got 5 wheaten/blue wheaten Amercaunas and 6 Blue/Blue copper Marans in a friends incubator, have been in a week today.

I'm planning on breeding frizzled colored egg layers come spring time, and the project makes me overly giddy. Lol :)
If you would have come in any other way I would have thought you were an impostor! LOL

Welcome to the thread.
Yeah, it's nice out that way. I have some fond memories of tubing down the river. We use to go to Camp Warnecke when I was a kid.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Well, you know me, always making a ruckus. We just got in port from a cruise. Driving through Houston now. *shudder* I don't see the cities appeal. Sorry folks lol

LW- didn't know you were that old :p Camp Warnecke isn't known by that any more. Cept to the locals. It's some other resort now, to the terrorist, errr, tourist.

1 - 20 of 1049 Posts