Chicken Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a minor reconfig of the bator so I could fit the second turner in there, we are off for our next round. This time, Ameraucana, Buff Orpington, a few Seramas and 4 eggs that are an Ameraucuan/Buff mix and Ameraucana/RIR (2 each). The mix is just to see what we get. I have a dozen more fertile eggs being shipped and will add them as soon as they get here.

Sure hope the rest from my last hatch sell soon, but, just in case, bought a cheaper coup at TSC the other day while on sale for 199.00 so, now we have 4 coops!

Stay tuned.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Round 2! Congrats on the coop. You so need to post pics when you have it set up. That's a real good deal too! You sound like me... More eggs in bator more cages/coops for a reason to get more. Hahah

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
robopetz said:
Round 2! Congrats on the coop. You so need to post pics when you have it set up. That's a real good deal too! You sound like me... More eggs in bator more cages/coops for a reason to get more. Hahah
Will do!......

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Today in the mail I recieved Black/Blue Splash Marans, Olive Eggers Generation2, and 2 wheaton ameracauna eggs. This will now complete the open slots I had in the bator, are are set a cooking now!

Attachments

·
1,466 Posts
is that an old oven that you are using as a bator?
how do you control your temp?
water heater thermostat?

piglett

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
piglett said:
is that an old oven that you are using as a bator?
how do you control your temp?
water heater thermostat?

piglett
No, it is a converted oak cabinet. Using two 75 watt bulbs for heat, and a bowl of water (two during lockdown) to regulate humidity. And a wafer thermostat for the heat regulation. First batch was 80% but then I decided to move things around to get a second turner in there. I also added a light with a switch, that I had left on a time or two when I first put eggs in. Hoping I didn't fry any, temp only got to 101 for 30 min to an hr, fingers crossed

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Energyvet said:
Ok. I was just a little confused, not being a builder of machines. Thanks for the clarification.
Lol EV. I would have wondered the same if I had not looked into it already.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts