Chicken Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, question…… So, my daughters rooster, Paisley, he has become temperamental all of a sudden. They have hit the 6 month old mark. I know that between 4-6 months hormones really kick in & they can get this way. My daughter is heartbroken that her “baby” don’t want as much attention from her & will get an attitude with her. Is it a lost cause to try & stop this behavior or is there hope that since he is doing it intermittently that we can stop it? Like I said, I know hormones play a factor but if there’s anything anyone can suggest that MAY help curb his behavior toward her I would greatly appreciate it. He don’t do it all the time. Seems like he does it when his girls are acting like brats & he’s trying to keep them in line. Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions you all have.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks you guys! We will watch & see how it goes. The main cause of his attitude I’ve noticed is when one of his girls jumps the fence. My daughter goes out & gets her to bring her back in. I’m hoping that if they get out & she just pops em over the fence & goes back in the house instead of in the yard that will somewhat help. My hope is that if we stay away during/after the couple of “triggers” we’ve noticed, we can avoid some much unwanted behavior. Thanks again for your responses. I appreciate it. I also appreciate that I’ve never had rude responses on here, regardless of what I post. This is a great & very helpful group. Much better than a previous one I was on.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mammal Plant Grass Happy People in nature

So, I figured I’d give an update. Paisley is back to his “I love you Madalyn” stage. We’ve noticed that he's got an attitude when one of the hens gets out of the fence and when we are wearing anything red. We have learned his tells as to if he’s got an attitude. He will anxiously pace around and squawk. Since we’ve learned this, we’ve had no further issues with him.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts