Susi

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Susi, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Susi

Susi New Member

Hi from Ireland,
    Have'nt got my hens yet, but there is soooo much info on this forum, its a great help, and want to know where to order some of the products?
    Susi.

2. Bird_slave

Bird_slave Junior Member

Hi Susi and welcome to the forum.
    I've always wanted to visit Ireland.

3. 7chicks

7chicks New Member

Hi Susi! Beautiful country you are from! Try checking out vendors under the thread for them on the home page. There are a few there with different things they offer. Most of the things I have for my girls are things we built, modified, or got at the local hardware store or feed mill. I had bought the fancy feeders and water dishes to find I hated them. Problem for me was all the feed getting kicked out and wood chips landing in them. What kind of things are you looking for? When are you planning to get chickens? And, what kind are you getting? Oh, and welcome to the forum. :D

4. Susi

Susi New Member

Many Thanks, Its a bit wet here at the moment and cold, if you visit ,do so in the spring onwards. Thanks for the welcome.

Susi.

5. Susi

Susi New Member

Thanks so much fro the welcome, I am planning to get some hens and Bantums in the spring, I may save some who have been cooped up in a battery hen house, which they are trying to get rid of over here.....thank god ! I am learning all about various breeds and the best layers, so will be prepared after the winter. No I will have a stable for them to go into which I am adapting, and the field will be properly fenced, high enough to keep the fox and dogs out, with a small electric fence around it as well.....we have a lot of wildlife here, and the hens will be looking over their shoulder's all the time if they think something can get to them !!I go to our local poultry market here in the summer, and they have all the breeds you could possibly wish for. There was a picture on your forum I love its the mat that says .... Beware of the chickens.......where did it come from and how do I get one ?
    Thanks again for the welcome.

Susi.

6. Yolk

Yolk New Member

Welcome to the forum.

7. Sundancers

Sundancers New Member