Chicken Forum banner

Stumped

2K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  cogburn 
#1 ·
Any ideas on breeds, these were a mixed batch of chicks hatched by an elderly man in bad health, he's been hospitalized.. I took them and have no idea what they may be. A couple of the cockerels have a few feathers on their legs, but not a bunch. And they colors are just paired/trio up perfect, a cockerel to 1-2 pullets, several colors. The blacks have different secondary
colors, can't tell in the pic. But some are long legged and long narrow bodied like some old game blood in em.. Just curious if any y'all had a guess or two as to a breed. Thanks
Cogburn

#9 ·
Thank ya 7chicks !! They are well taken care of, and I just didn't want them to all die, he hatched them in the incubator.. And I promised him id take care of em. He's not expected to make it back home, sad story.. I went and saw him a
Couple weeks ago he asked about them, and I showed him some pictures.. Made his day !

#11 ·
Yes mam.. Up close they really are pretty, pic doesn't do em justice. I'm not in a hurry to get rid of em, they're just now getting true tail feathers, I may winter them all and see what I have in the spring.. They're good to keep around for security for all the little chicks I have coming up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.