Chicken Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Yesterday I noticed one of my chooks has a lump on each foot between her toes. Here is a photo. Can anyone tell me what it is and what I should do about it? She is not limping but walking normally.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
I'm not any help here. Have something similar going on with my australorp/white leghorn hen. Its been there for months and so far hasn't bothered her. Looks uncomfortable to me though! She too walks normal etc. I haven't done anything for it other than keep an eye on it. To me, Alyviah's looks like someone gave her a hard peck on the foot. I see a few of my older girls going after the feet of the others at bedtime when all are perched for the night.

·
Chicken Lover
190 Posts
That looks like a tick, a tick full of lots of chicken blood! I suggest getting a tweezer and popping it off as quickly as you can. If you're not sure if you'll be able to get the head or not, see if you can find someone that has experience with ticks. Whatever you do, do not twist the tick to get it out. Grab hold of it as close to the foot as you can and slowly pull outwards to remove it.

·
Artfulwings
194 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts