Chicken Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need help. So I found one of my pullets stuck between two sticky mouse traps, one on each side. I finally got her free, after much squawking and drama. But now, she still has sticky residue on her wings, which she is picking at. I'm afraid she might eat it, as she tries to get it off, what can I use toget it off her feathers? #StickyChicken

·
Registered
140 Posts
Easiest way would probably be to just clip the feathers that have residue on them. The glue usually dissolves in oil, like olive oil or vegetable oil, too, if you want to spend some time tediously working it out of her feathers.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited by Moderator)
No. She'll look really ragged but at least she won't have everything under the sun sticking to her. Just try to snip off only what's really bad. Really light areas leave alone.
I just cut now,iff her sticky feathets, am she did good. Looks raggedy now, lol. Thsnks for the advise. Dawn and ivep would have taken a long time.
Bird Beak Wood Grey Feather

·
Administrator
24,628 Posts
Not to bad though and now everything she gets near won't stick to her. I just had a thought, can you imagine her on the roost and sticking to another bird? Couldn't happen but still quite a picture in my head.

One other thing, never leave a styrofoam cooler where they can get at it. You're liable to find nothing but the handle after they've been at it. Foam of any kind is some sort of draw to them. Like people popping bubble wrap.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not to bad though and now everything she gets near won't stick to her. I just had a thought, can you imagine her on the roost and sticking to another bird? Couldn't happen but still quite a picture in my head.

One other thing, never leave a styrofoam cooler where they can get at it. You're liable to find nothing but the handle after they've been at it. Foam of any kind is some sort of draw to them. Like people popping bubble wrap.
Before I cut off the sticky feathers, the other birds were picking at the residue on her also. Lol. They were chasing her around because food and scraps were stuck to her.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts