stay safe and healthy everyone

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Maryellen, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Sylie

Sylie Super Moderator Staff Member

hmm, interesting!

Slippy likes this.
  2. robin416

robin416 Administrator Staff Member

Huh, so if I clipped mine to my waist I wouldn't have to wear a mask? (since we live in the same state)

But I would anyway. Leaky heart valve and all that means getting the virus would be no walk in the park for me.

Slippy likes this.

3. Thomas Lippert

Thomas Lippert Member

I was just joking with me wife. Only in 2020 is it ok to walk into a bank or store carrying and wearing a mask.

Slippy likes this.
  4. Maryellen

Maryellen Well-Known Member

Robin screw what anyone else says and please wear your mask to protect yourself. I wear mine when I go to the stores and drs as I have a compromised immune system as does my husband

Slippy likes this.
  5. Thomas Lippert

Thomas Lippert Member

Hate to break it to you most masks are not even mere8 standards. It's pretty much virtue signaling. You need a merv 13 at least as a minimum. Even that's a 75% screening rate. Science...

Slippy likes this.
  6. Maryellen

That's ok. I'd rather wear my N95 mask and stay away from people and have a better chance then not wear a mask and be dead... and I'd rather wear my mask in case I'm asymptomatic.. I dont want to infect anyone if I did have it and not know it. I'm not selfish like others who dont wear masks. I care about other people whether I know them or not. Hopefully the people who dont wear the masks dont get covid and infect their loved ones and their loved ones die. covid is not the same as the flu.

Slippy and robin416 like this.
  7. robin416

Oh, I do. I don't care what anyone else thinks. But masks are now mandated here again so those without are few and far between. Most business' have gotten serious about not letting anyone without a mask in the stores.

Slippy and Maryellen like this.
  8. Thomas Lippert

Thomas Lippert Member

So you're cool with a simple at minimum 25% failure rate of a microbe they still fail to understand how its really transmitted?

9. robin416

What are you talking about?

10. Thomas Lippert

Thomas Lippert Member

Since the n95 masks fall below a merv 13 rating they have a 75% catch rate they fail 25% of the time. That's a lab measured standard. As well as a field uninspected standard.

11. robin416

And your point is what?

12. Thomas Lippert

Thomas Lippert Member

The mask thing is just a societal placebo. Social distancing is what works.

Slippy likes this.
  13. robin416

Uh huh, that's why the numbers here skyrocketed when the mask mandate expired, the masks were ineffective.

14. Thomas Lippert

Thomas Lippert Member

Well since I work in air quality as well as air movement. I beg to differ. Perhaps it isn't the mask but a relaxing of personal space requirements?

Slippy likes this.
  15. robin416

I didn't witness that difference between masks and no masks while I was out. I saw people with masks as close to each other as the time there were no masks.

Slippy likes this.
  16. Maryellen

Masks do help. better then social distancing. And yes I'd rather wear a mask in a store AND stay away from people in the store since most Americans are selfish assholes and dont care about anyone but themselves. Whether it's my N95 mask or my other masks with filters I'll wear them. Not only to protect others if I'm a carrier but to protect myself and my family as well. It's not hurting me or anyone else to wear a mask in a store and social distance,so I'll do it since I'm not a selfish person...

robin416 likes this.
  17. Slippy

Slippy Member

I dearly want most people safe and happy. Wear a mask if you feel better doing it. Don't if you do not.

But regardless, COVID or no COVID, I appreciate most people staying away from me!

Be safe all and enjoy your life, freedoms and liberty! God Bless!

Thomas Lippert and robin416 like this.