Chicken Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
image-2531731613.jpg

Some really pissed off chickies....not that I blame them, I am a bit cranky too. We are under a winter storm watch, in MAY!!!!! Up to 6 inches tonight. Supposed to melt off tomorrow. So depressing.....

Attachments

·
Registered
764 Posts
Do you get warm summers? Like 80+ degrees? I live in mass and it isn't uncommon to snow in April but I think I would cry if it snowed in May! It has been a cold spring though. We had a frost a couple if nights last week. Thankfully we have had nice weather the last 2 days!

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not usually 80's, but 60's and 70's. last 2 summers have been awful, wet and cold, hoping for a better one this year.

·
Registered
250 Posts
kahiltna_flock said:
Some really pissed off chickies....not that I blame them, I am a bit cranky too. We are under a winter storm watch, in MAY!!!!! Up to 6 inches tonight. Supposed to melt off tomorrow. So depressing.....
Wow!! I know how ya feel! I lived in Idaho for a couple years and one time it was in the middle of summer and we got 6 inches of snow! :p ;)

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Over 5 inches and still coming down. Breaking all kinds if records this year. The longest snow season, 232 days....I need to move.

·
977 Posts
That's crazy! I hate the cold! I live in New Hampshire and I think our winters are bad enough. I would move for sure!

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, it stopped snowing. The sun is out. The nights are still dipping below freezing. Even with a heater running in my greenhouse last night, it still dipped to 27. I hope my plants make it. They look good right now. Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Fingers crossed,we get lots of wet windy and snow conditions here in Scotland,it's a pain in the ass,but the greenery certainly looks good :)

·
A Round American Woman
735 Posts
Sorry to rub salt in the wound.....but we were warm and lovely this weekend. Thunderstorms were predicted every day, but never came. Instead I got my flowers planted, the flower bed weeded, the new baby comfrey planted, some babies re-potted. Hubbie did mowing and we started cleaning up the pine needles from the patio so we can have dinner outside again. It was a lovely weekend.

I'm working on the garden fence so the hot wire can go up this weekend and the main season planting can begin!!!

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Finally warming up. Most all of the snow is gone. The forecast looks good all week. Took the babies out for some fresh air today. Back in the garage for bed. It's still on the 30's at night. Baby steps thus year....

·
Registered
764 Posts
It was 87 here in Mass. I must say being at the beginning of my ninth month of pregnancy I would happily take the snow! Thunderstorms are coming in and thankfully dropping the temp!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts