Chicken Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice! Very nice mix of breeds there. Are all those silkies hens? The white ones a roo right?
The black, buff, and partridge are hens. The boy is white and so far from SOP its not even funny. I want to find a partridge male thats more to standards so I can get rid of the white silkie rooster.

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cute little group. Looks a lot like my flock as mine is kinda a mishmash of what was available.
Thanks. My daughter and I sat and looked online at breeds the were cold hardy and ordered a mix. I have 2 white cochins, 1 silver lakenvelder, 1 golden lakenverder, 1 barred rock, 4 silkies of different colors, 1 easter egger, 1 splash andalusian, 1 red chicken that a neighbor found , and my ducks. 5 mallards, 1 pekin, and 1 pekin mix .

·
Premium Member
4,193 Posts
I have a pair of polish white crested black, a Delaware Roo, a production Red, a buff rock banty hen, and 4 Silkies - a pair of red and a splash hen and a blue Roo. I think he's blue anyway. I swore I'd never have Silkies. Lol. I've ordered some Jersey Giants, buff orps and red laced polish to arrive end of April. Should bring me to about 22.

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a pair of polish white crested black, a Delaware Roo, a production Red, a buff rock banty hen, and 4 Silkies - a pair of red and a splash hen and a blue Roo. I think he's blue anyway. I swore I'd never have Silkies. Lol. I've ordered some Jersey Giants, buff orps and red laced polish to arrive end of April. Should bring me to about 22.
Sounds like a great mix. My daughter want a breeding pair of polish. We have 21 chicks ( hatchery choice), 2 ducks, 2 geese, and 2 turkey coming in April, and 3 mallards, 16 quail, and 4 pekin eggs in the bator. That will bring me up to 32 chickens, possibly 16 ducks, 2 geese , 16 quail, and 2 turkeys if all goes well. lol DH doesnt know yet.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Apyl said:
That will bring me up to 32 chickens, possibly 16 ducks, 2 geese , 16 quail, and 2 turkeys if all goes well. lol DH doesnt know yet.
Ha! I just let the cat out of the bag that I have another 30 babies coming March 22. Did I forget to mention that? :) Good Luck breaking it to your DH

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ha! I just let the cat out of the bag that I have another 30 babies coming March 22. Did I forget to mention that? :) Good Luck breaking it to your DH
My she knows I've got 20 more silkies coming at the end of April. This will add to our flock of 1 RID too & 2 hens, 1 BO too & 5 hens, 1 Cinnamon Q too & 5 hens, 2 BR rooster & 5 hens, 1 juvenile CQ roo we hatched, 2 white silkier rooster, 2 blk silkier hens, 1 B Cochin hen, 1 sedans roo , 1 wh lace polish roo. Whew that was alot to type! Oh wait also got 4 regular eggs from my girls and 4 silkier or maybe cogging eggs n the baiter now. And to think this all started with my dh coming home last spring saying lavender Mnt. Has their chicks in you wants take the boys to see them!?

·
Registered
15 Posts
My she knows I've got 20 more silkies coming at the end of April. This will add to our flock of 1 RID too & 2 hens, 1 BO too & 5 hens, 1 Cinnamon Q too & 5 hens, 2 BR rooster & 5 hens, 1 juvenile CQ roo we hatched, 2 white silkier rooster, 2 blk silkier hens, 1 B Cochin hen, 1 sedans roo , 1 wh lace polish roo. Whew that was alot to type! Oh wait also got 4 regular eggs from my girls and 4 silkier or maybe cogging eggs n the baiter now. And to think this all started with my dh coming home last spring saying lavender Mnt. Has their chicks in you wants take the boys to see them!?
I sometimes hate the spelling my smart phone does for me!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts