Chicken Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be the first to say we don't know what we are doing. We know what we want but doing it correctly is another thing entirely.

I will post photos after my 3rd post . Seems I am unable to post pics until I prove I am not a robot or have intentions of spamming the group :)

Nice to find this community.

·
Administrator
18,666 Posts
You've got three posts now you should be able to add pics. Links can be an issue for most so try to avoid those.

And just so you know, I don't think anyone has left what they built untweaked (that's a new word) once it was called done.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Just don't show her yours, no one could live up to what you built.
Thank you Ms Robin!

Funny story, we have a friend who supposedly knows someone at Southern Living Magazine and she asked if we would allow the magazine to do a photo shoot on our homestead and include the Chicken Coop and Barn! Mrs Slippy and I both said No, Thanks but No!

But it made us feel good about our design and build! (One day I may post a pic of our barn! Its a work in progress but it is turning out very nice!)

·
Super Moderator
3,263 Posts
I try to keep my kilts color coordinated while doing chores! When I went to school in Europe, I saw men wearing kilts and no one ever batted an eye. Hopefully Michelle can get her pics posted, although she's probably already tweaking and making changes. I don't think any coop or run is ever totally finished.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I will be the first to say we don't know what we are doing. We know what we want but doing it correctly is another thing entirely.

I will post photos after my 3rd post . Seems I am unable to post pics until I prove I am not a robot or have intentions of spamming the group :)

Nice to find this community.
C'mon Michelle, post some pics!!

·
Administrator
18,666 Posts
If the feathers were scattered everywhere I'd say yes without question it's a molt. But they're in a pile mostly in one place. I'd keep an eye out for something going on.

Do they know about nipple waterers? That can be a hard transition when they don't know what they are.

I'm glad you were able to carve out some time to share the pics with us. Pics are always welcome. And fun to see.

Even though school seems to be in this year the school bus hasn't gone by my house yet. I don't know what's up with that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If the feathers were scattered everywhere I'd say yes without question it's a molt. But they're in a pile mostly in one place. I'd keep an eye out for something going on.

Do they know about nipple waterers? That can be a hard transition when they don't know what they are.

I'm glad you were able to carve out some time to share the pics with us. Pics are always welcome. And fun to see.

Even though school seems to be in this year the school bus hasn't gone by my house yet. I don't know what's up with that.
We homeschool. NO school bus here :)
He is a senior now.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

They are using it. I stayed a while to observe and they all know how to get water from it.

·
Administrator
18,666 Posts
That's a hoot. So many struggle to get their birds to even acknowledge the waterer is even there.

I'm thinking one of your girls is having an explosive molt. I did have one that would do that. The rest just lost their feathers all over the place.

Senior! Last year. Would he have gone to the HS his senior year if things were a bit more normal?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts