Chicken Forum banner
81 - 100 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
I've been kinda wantin to invite a couple of ppl from over there to here but I figured I might get shot for letting the word out that there are other (better) forums.

·
Premium Member
1,945 Posts
Hi. Boy the stories I could tell about BYC! I'm here because I became disenchanted, and the moderation really s ucks. I should know, I was one. The Nazi mods said I was defensive. The truth is that they continuously harassed my friend who did nothing but help people. Since she was my friend, I had to go. They did not like her and did not like that I liked her. So I am disenchanted with what I thought of BYC before modship and what I think of them no. I just want to come talk chicken and maybe joke around. I find myself not wanting to go there anymore aside from keeping in touch with friends. Hopefully others will realize that BYC is not the only game in town.
Perhaps you could tell me why i was banned, since you were one of the biased mods at the time,if this really is you,Thanks

·
Administrator
22,038 Posts
PM, if you do invite from over there you'll have to do it on the sly since they frown on the mention of any other forums. Another one of those things I didn't like about that group.

·
Banned
9,209 Posts
I don't think that is the real Seminolewind
I am real. I use my name on any forum I'm on. I would not know why you were banned because I don't know who you are and I was a mod for about 6 months and the software bans people with a number of infractions automatically. I had to follow their direction even if I disagreed with it. I guess in my naïve-ness I've always thought that forums were run by people who were fair and did not make decisions using their own personal feelings or alterior motives. Or only be concerned with membership numbers and nothing more.

Bottom line was they un-modded me because they took my points of view as being defensive and I was not going to give up my sense of fairness to become one of them.

I can say they have been driving good people away whose only motives are to help people, in exchange for having thousands of kids on there who just play games and nothing more. Numbers. If there were no games and kids under 18 playing them all day , their daily post numbers would be astonishingly small.

Based on what they put/are putting my friend thru, I no longer feel that sense of loyalty to them. They take a lady who racked up over 30,000 posts in less than three years just helping people save their chickens, ducks and pea fowl. I think they resent her for having such a large following. Everyone on BYC gets a title based on how many posts they have. This lady never had a title, she should have been flock mistress at 5k posts and now has 30k+ posts, my downfall was to keep bringing it up to get it fixed, and I also gave her a custom title she was entitled to as a Golden feather member (paid). I never even received a reply from them to this (as a mod). And her custom title disappeared. And that was most of the disagreement that I had with them. And she is now serving her second ban because she referred to someone's cure-all as "snake oil".

I brought that up a 3rd time specifically to a person I call Mr. Happy due to his happy form letter replies, and still nothing was done, not even addressed.

Thanks for the welcome over here.

·
Banned
9,209 Posts
PM, if you do invite from over there you'll have to do it on the sly since they frown on the mention of any other forums. Another one of those things I didn't like about that group.
I notified my friends privately where I'll be. I know how they feel , (numbers, numbers).

·
Banned
9,209 Posts
I've been kinda wantin to invite a couple of ppl from over there to here but I figured I might get shot for letting the word out that there are other (better) forums.
Do it by PM and put spaces in this address like chicken forum. com, then put all one word. Seems to get under the radar.

·
Administrator
22,038 Posts
Everything you just said is why I left some years back. There was just enough leaking out that the feel was just wrong. They had/have a couple of mods over there that are so rude to members and gets away with it. Some giving advice that should stay away from most things medical where the birds are concerned.

This forum could use more people with the experience raising poultry so if you can talk them in to leaving what they know it will benefit everyone here. I have/had a certain way of doing things and that's all these folks see. I would like to see more ideas put out there so they've got options. Just because it worked for me does not mean it will work for everyone.

You're right about it being all about the numbers. Before they removed the ability to see who were members you could see how many names there were that had never made a post. There were a ton of them even then. I also checked one other thing and found that the activity is down quite a bit from the early years.

·
Coop Fortifier
220 Posts
Ok I had a whole long post made but apparently my log in timed out? it said a copy was saved... where do I find the copy?

deb

·
Registered
516 Posts
To be fair...

No one over there was ever mean to me or complained about things I posted or even said anything out of line (except for one post I got that was vulgar in nature. I reported them. That post disappeared) directed towards me. However, I did very commonly see members put down for their opinions and always felt uncomfortable being myself. I think in some political correctness is important and no one should be put down for their ethnicity or anything else. But I felt like 90% of what I said had to be worded to not offend anyone's tender sensibilities. I could not say that it was ok to do your best with a sick bird and not feel bad if said bird passed for lack of $2000 in vet care. I saw people being judged constantly. I for one feel we all learn and grow from hearing different perspectives. Most people there not only feel their way of doing things is best but that it's the only way. If you don't do things that way you shouldn't have animals or kids or life. Here, I feel accepted. I feel that if I have questions they will be answered. I feel that my opinion is valued as much as everyone else's. We can agree to disagree.

·
Administrator
22,038 Posts
Ok I had a whole long post made but apparently my log in timed out? it said a copy was saved... where do I find the copy?

deb
That doesn't even sound like you were posting here, logins don't time out. It will tell you your post is too short or that you're posting too soon after your last post. I think that last is part of foiling spammers.

And saved? Never checked it out but I don't think the forum automatically saves when typing.

81 - 100 of 137 Posts