Chicken Forum banner
1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and have only spent about 5 min on the site when I joined a few weeks back...
nothing at all against it or anyone on there but I just prefer the smaller tight knit community here.
are some of you BYC members as well?
I do like some of their articles and info but I prefer to do my social shenanigans here :D

·
Administrator
22,048 Posts
nice! for some reason, I kinda like you more for that
Have to agree with you. It makes Nm special. For some reason they never banned me even when I got in their faces for stupidity.

Try to mention this forum over there and see what happens. They'll be all over you like white on rice.

And Rosco, you have to be very very careful about lighthearted banter over there.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I am on there, It was the first place I found when I started researching. I love the articles, and log in everyday to see what is new. The one thing I found was that there are so many members my questions kind of got lost in the crowd so to speak. It can also be confusing to a "newbie" with all the differing opinions, hard to decipher what is"right and wrong". Here I feel I have gotten more honest straightforward answers, even if they weren't necessarily what I wanted to hear. I too like a smaller group. I also don't get what the deal is with all the games. I come to learn, not play! BTW I am katieboosmama over there.

·
Administrator
22,048 Posts
I am on there, It was the first place I found when I started researching. I love the articles, and log in everyday to see what is new. The one thing I found was that there are so many members my questions kind of got lost in the crowd so to speak. It can also be confusing to a "newbie" with all the differing opinions, hard to decipher what is"right and wrong". Here I feel I have gotten more honest straightforward answers, even if they weren't necessarily what I wanted to hear. I too like a smaller group. I also don't get what the deal is with all the games. I come to learn, not play! BTW I am katieboosmama over there.
Thank you, for that. The way this forum is laid out is so much more pleasant for me. I like the folks who populate the forum here. It's more personal, you know?

I will not say that some dumb stuff is suggested. I think I ran someone off when I told them to not put VetRX in a bird's eyes. It's hard to understand why people think that's OK. It was even said on BYC.

·
Registered
699 Posts
What is this BYC you speak of? This was the only forum I found when I searched for a "place to belong". I really like the atmosphere here, it may be small but it feels very family friendly and people seem willing to help and not talk over each other like what happens on FB and other forums. I plan on staying a while and rosco cracks me up. Funny is always a good thing.

·
Registered
948 Posts
I used to be on some chicken forums on Facebook when I had a fb account but they aren't closely monitored. They let anyone join and onetime I was going through the feed with my 10 year old daughter next to me and someone had posted an x-rated photo. Luckily she hadn't been paying attention at that exact moment. I thought I was gonna have a heart attack

·
Administrator
22,048 Posts
I killed my FB account years ago when they made another change that screwed everything up again. The one thing I'm careful with, since I'm alone, is my personal information. FB would make changes and the next thing you knew, all your private settings were not private any more. Then that real name thing and wanting your phone number to prove it? Not only no, but hell no!

1 - 20 of 137 Posts