Chicken Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know hens can stop laying during winter, molting, etc. but this confuses me. My BCM laid her very first egg on Dec 5. She then laid 2 more, and hasn't laid one since. Why even start and then stop? Lol. She's about 7/8 months old.
Food Finger Egg Staple food Egg

Bird Comb Phasianidae Chicken Rooster

Attachments

·
Registered
165 Posts
my ducks did the same. they laid 2 or maybe 3 eggs and then stopped. and after a few months, when my mother went to feed them, she found another egg. the ducks then laid maybe a few more eggs. like 3 to 4 eggs and then stopped again.
Water Fluid Liquid Plant Leisure

here is a picture of me gently washing her feathers to remove mud etc. this pic is a few months old.
but i am not that much concerned about her eggs. if she lays eggs, she lays eggs, if she don't, she don't.
she is healthy and enjoys her life and that good for me :) :) :) :)

·
Super Moderator
3,935 Posts
The world of birds can keep us guessing what they're up to.
a crypto-guessing bird poem:

m r birds
m r not
o s a r
c m fly

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There is still the possibility her body is adjusting to the new laying eggs thing.

If she's acting normal and eating like she should, I would just watch.
She seems perfectly fine.
my ducks did the same. they laid 2 or maybe 3 eggs and then stopped. and after a few months, when my mother went to feed them, she found another egg. the ducks then laid maybe a few more eggs. like 3 to 4 eggs and then stopped again.
View attachment 43577

here is a picture of me gently washing her feathers to remove mud etc. this pic is a few months old.
but i am not that much concerned about her eggs. if she lays eggs, she lays eggs, if she don't, she don't.
she is healthy and enjoys her life and that good for me :) :) :) :)
So cute!

·
Registered
Chick Lover
2,384 Posts
I wouldn't know anything about this but she's really beautiful! I love her color!😍

1 - 9 of 9 Posts