Chicken Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two chicks about four weeks and I’ve had them about a week now. They both are sneezing I believe and it started today. When they sneeze a liquid comes out which I think might be water. They rub their noses on their surrounding so it’s obviously bothering them. I don’t know what to do.

·
Registered
24 Posts
it could just be normal, our chicks sneezed a lot when they were growing, but they never had runny noses. when did the snot start, like after they were sneezing for a bit or right when they sneezed?

·
Premium Member
3,754 Posts
Robin is correct. Chickens dont get colds. Chicken "colds" are either an environmental issue or a respiratory disease. You do NOT want to deal with the latter. Birds that survive respiratory diseases are carriers for life and owners have two choices; maintain a closed flock or cull.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Robin is correct. Chickens dont get colds. Chicken "colds" are either an environmental issue or a respiratory disease. You do NOT want to deal with the latter. Birds that survive respiratory diseases are carriers for life and owners have two choices; maintain a closed flock or cull.
Thanks for that information!:)

·
Registered
Rest in peace Sunfish
2,123 Posts
Omggg buttercup also sneeze and water comes out of her nose.. I feel like when she’s drinking water she keeps getting water in her nose bht she acts normal.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts