sleepy chicken

Discussion in 'Emergencies, Illness, Meds & Cures' started by tatertot85, Aug 6, 2012.

1. tatertot85

tatertot85 New Member

Hello all... well I am new to the chicken world so when I saw one of my girls trying to fall a sleep standing up it kinda scared me...She just randomly lays down in the middle of the day and just hasent been acting right... I don't know what's wrong with her so any help would be awesome...

2. TajMaCluckCoop

TajMaCluckCoop Not so Junior-Junior Member

We need a little bit more to go on....
    How old is she?
    What do you feed?
    Is she eating?
    How many chickens do you have, how are they housed...do they free range?
    Is she laying?

3. tatertot85

tatertot85 New Member

I'm not for sure how old she is but she is laying .I have 4 chickens and the other 3 are acting just fine. They get a layer feed and meal worms and I feed them watermelon or cantalope .they don't free range they have a large coop and run area...thank you for the help...

4. 7chicks

7chicks New Member

Is she lethargic all the time? How is her coloring of her comb, wattle? Are her eyes clear? How has she been about pooping? Look normal for her? Loose, slimy green? How has she been eating? Little? Moderate? Normal?

Mine do at times plop in the middle of the yard and nap very briefly quite often but their coloring is normal etc. They're just tired of maybe not a good night's sleep and too much playing. Before long, they're back up and at it again.

5. tatertot85

tatertot85 New Member

She passed away yesterday...

6. 7chicks

7chicks New Member

I'm so sorry tatertot. =(

7. tatertot85

tatertot85 New Member

Thank u...I miss her so much she was my favorie little girl....