Chicken Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a little white chick that I purchased with my other chicks this year . It looked so funny and cute I had to buy it . It was the only one in the assorted bantams that has a blue/gray beak and feet . I picked him up tonight and realized it has 6 toes on both feet ! Two on each feet look connected kind of funny but they all have nails . Anyone know what it might be ?

·
227 Posts
I got one from TSC that was the same, with only 5 toes on each foot. It is a silkie. Ours is over 4 weeks old. The wife named it Za Za, we hope it is a hen.

·
1,466 Posts
yup i say silkie too
if it's a girl she will be glad to set on some eggs for you if you wish
they do however take a while to start to lay but once they start they are no too bad

good luck
piglett

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
I agree with the rest. Silkie. Although there suppose to have 5 toes, hatchery chicks (and feed store) tend to have some differences. Very cute.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes the skin is black and I actually have 2 of them the second one has 5 toes ! I've had chickens for awhile now and I've even incubated and hatched my own but I've never had silkies before . Guess I better get to reading up on them :)

·
1,466 Posts
Yes the skin is black and I actually have 2 of them the second one has 5 toes ! I've had chickens for awhile now and I've even incubated and hatched my own but I've never had silkies before . Guess I better get to reading up on them :)
they love to brood eggs , i think they would hatch out goose eggs if that is what you wanted them to do for you

1 - 12 of 12 Posts