Chicken Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
*sigh* Finally they all trust me... All but one.
Excuse me.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGH!!!
I finally succeeded in them trusting me, (sorta) but one darned yellow guy (feathered legs. Maybe leghorn?) has earned a name for himself.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
He pecks me, my friendly brown guy, (unknown breed) and the other yellow. Mr. Barred Rock McSharpbeak (friendly too, but sharp).
What do I do?

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The barred rock can protect himself.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What do I do to stop this?

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Haha :no: I can't stand sending any of them to freezer camp

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Any other ideas?

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
..........?

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Help?......

·
Registered
764 Posts
I'm working with silkies right now that are so incredibly skittish. They like scream and run from me when I get near them. So I am forcing them to spend time with me individually. I catch one and sit cuddling it for at least 15 mins. Mine are younger though. I have managed to make everyone else pretty cuddly and want my attention. Just not those two!

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Pilgrim_Kev said:
Isolate him for a week or so to show him who's boss.
*SIGH* Will that work for a month old?

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
GenFoe said:
I'm working with silkies right now that are so incredibly skittish. They like scream and run from me when I get near them. So I am forcing them to spend time with me individually. I catch one and sit cuddling it for at least 15 mins. Mine are younger though. I have managed to make everyone else pretty cuddly and want my attention. Just not those two!
Not silkies! Leghorns!

·
Registered
764 Posts
I've read that leghorns aren't the friendliest of birds, it's why we didn't get any despite their awesome laying ability. I was worried with them and our kids. I used a breed finder and went with the most friendly ones I could find. Hopefully you break the skittishness and they do like you though!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have had leghorns for as long as I have had chickens. The hens are very flighty but my leghorn rooster is a very good rooster and I can even raise baby chicks around him with no problems. I always consider leghorns to be very good chickens for eggs but are not very good pets other than the roosters.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts