Chicken Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Administrator
18,185 Posts
Work is good except when it becomes the only thing you have time for. As long as all is well in your house that's a relief.

·
Premium Member
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
It's ok, Its stressful unfortunately but it pays my bills Lol

All animals are good. I hope you are doing good

·
Administrator
18,185 Posts
Even though I normally stay close to home I'm getting just a tad bored.

Virus has been on my road in the past couple of months. An 80 year old woman who didn't believe it was that bad gave it to her daughter who said she's never been so sick.

When you get right down to it, you had the easier transition to working from home. ;)

·
Administrator
18,185 Posts
They're going up by about 1500 statewide here. It's mostly coming from the small towns that are refusing to wear masks. My little county with 17k population has almost 1000 cases. Percentage wise, that's nothing to crow about.

·
Administrator
18,185 Posts
I don't want it so I'll do what I can to protect myself. Like I told a friend fools can act like fools all they want. I won't be the one paying for being foolish.

A friend of mine's son is losing his MIL to it. I don't know if she was cautious or not but she's older and has health issues.

·
Registered
729 Posts
That's the way it is here, all the fierce individualists who refuse to wear masks. I always wear one in public and don't give a crap what people think. It's a safety issue, not a political one.
I'm with you. I wear one out at all times, bc really, if nothing else it helps prevent a stomach flu- and to me, there's not really much worse. It takes a whole lot for me to be sick like that, and when I am... well last time I was hospitalized for 3 days, despite the medication only slightly working... Nope. No more of that for me.

I don't believe in healthy people getting flu shots. Sorry, I know a lot do. No debate, jmo. Anyway, last time I even got them for my kids was in '07, but they are getting/have gotten (1 so far) it this year. Two of their grandparents have had cancer, one in treatment currently and my mom is very high risk for everything too. So, this year, they did since they're going to school etc. and more exposed. Risk is too high around us this year so on the random off chance it might do some good, they're getting them...

·
Administrator
18,185 Posts
We just had a woman recover from having flu and Covid at the same time. In August no less. I didn't even know flu was circulating here yet.

·
Administrator
18,185 Posts
She was sick for sure. She thinks she got it by taking a family vacation in FL where few masks are worn.

·
Super Moderator
3,154 Posts
I'm with you. I wear one out at all times, bc really, if nothing else it helps prevent a stomach flu- and to me, there's not really much worse. It takes a whole lot for me to be sick like that, and when I am... well last time I was hospitalized for 3 days, despite the medication only slightly working... Nope. No more of that for me.

I don't believe in healthy people getting flu shots. Sorry, I know a lot do. No debate, jmo. Anyway, last time I even got them for my kids was in '07, but they are getting/have gotten (1 so far) it this year. Two of their grandparents have had cancer, one in treatment currently and my mom is very high risk for everything too. So, this year, they did since they're going to school etc. and more exposed. Risk is too high around us this year so on the random off chance it might do some good, they're getting them...
Yup, you've got to protect your family as best you can.

·
Administrator
18,185 Posts
Alabama has had a mask mandate pretty much since March. Our numbers are increasing because those in small towns are not wearing them. They can get away with it because they're not front and center as far as population.

And heads in the sand that think away vacations are OK at this time.

·
Registered
729 Posts
It's the same here, it's the rural areas like where I live, that no one is wearing a mask.
I feel the pain. I do.

Where I live is surrounded by rural farmland. But the town I live in is the county seat, and we also have the federal district courthouse here, among a few other semi-larger draw items. So it's like rural meets small town suburbia? So we have the staunch mask wearers who live and work in town. Then we have everyone else who only visits town sometimes and they're totally hit or miss whether they'll wear one. It's so weird in the spot I live. Always has been lol

21 - 40 of 43 Posts