Chicken Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jj found a new hangout on my seedling shelf. Here he is taking a rest after noming on the baby herbs. My husband texted me this picture when I was at work. When I got home jj was still up there. Why didn't he take him down? Cause he looked comfy! Luckily he only ate a few things. Little goofball.

Attachments

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yup he's a lionhead. We adopted him from the bunny shelter nearby. We went to cuddle the bunnies last January on the one condition that the kids were not to ask to bring one home. You can see how we'll that worked out!! Lol. We had lost out two beloved bunnies the month before. One the week before Christmas and the other on Christmas Eve. (Neighbors german shepherd jumped the fence-thats why i built fort knox for the chickens). Broke my heart and I wasn't ready to get attached to a new bun so soon. But he's starting to grow on me now.

Here are my angel bunnies. Ruby in white and Charlotte in gray. They were so sweet.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Srry to hear that. But glad you have adopted another. It never fails you can never just go to "look" at some animals without bringing one home hahaha.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We've never put them together. Jj is an inside bunny. I asked my vet and he said it isn't a great idea - mostly due to cleanliness issues for the rabbits. I was hoping he'd think it was ok - I was thinking of adding some rabbits to the chicken run - since they'd be safe there. For now no more outdoor bunnies.

·
Registered
45 Posts
We have had major problems with our chooks and rabbit. We finally realised the rabbit was terrorizing and picking off the chooks 1 by 1. We lost 2 chooks this way as they were trying to escape the rabbit they encountered our dog! :(
We now seperate them , everytime they have been together the rabbit will try to mate the chook, holding her down until we rescue her. The rabbit always goes for the dominant chook. We thought the rabbit was a female, the farm where we bought it told us that and also the vet who did vaccines.... I now think rabbit is male , the shared pen is about 5m x 6m with 3 chooks and 1 lop rabbit. I considering neutering as my only option as swapping them over each day is time consuming ( I have a young baby).
Bit disappointing as my husband built the shared run so the rabbit could escape its tiny cage , why can't they all just get along!!!

·
Flocker
1,588 Posts
Oh my gosh!!! I have never seen a lion headed rabbit before in my life, and that is just awesome!! Does it look like a rabbit everywhere else, just has a mane? And do both sexes have the mane, or is that a stupid question? I would love to see more pictures of him!! Or her? :D

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here are some more pics of jj. He is a neutered male. He loves to be pet and if he likes your technique he will sit with you for a long long time. If you don't pet just the right way - or if you stop petting off he goes. After my daughter took the picture of him sitting in the chair he was nicknamed "the professor". I think it fits him :).

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts