Chicken Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed alot of people with silkies so thought I would start a Silkie thread. :) Please feel free to share pics, questions, stories, comments, anything related to silkies.

Here are my Silkies, they originated from Ideal Poultry and are currently 5 month 1 week old.

The black one is Black Beauty

The white one is my boy Prince Charming
The Buff one is Tinkerbell ( and yes the water looks gross but its fresh the ducks dirty it up minutes after changing it)

The next pic is of my 4yo with Rosetta

Lastly a pick of my fave partridge Silkie Rosetta

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@adorson lol I love the wet face look, ours look like drowned rats when it rains. lol

·
Registered
202 Posts
LOL.. I couldn't add comments to the post like I had wanted but that is Lucy and she always dives face first into the moistened feed I put out for the crossbeaks! Lucy is quite the character!

·
Registered
72 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts
some lovely silkies there. and a nice run. mine have a 6 foot x 10 ft run but i let the out in the garden when im home.

·
Premium Member
4,193 Posts
That was fun. I could watch chickens all day. So relaxing. And cute little puffs too. Also like the dog and cat. Lol

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hello every one i have 3 silkies
about 8 weeks old how can i tell if they are male or female
Post some pics and we can take a stab and trying to sex them for you. I go by the shape of the head poof, size and color of the comb, and body stature.

·
Registered
72 Posts
these are my silkies

My army of silkies - YouTube

I'm worried about the amount of space they have. I have five silkies, do I need to add some space?
You should absolutely add more space for silkies.....Five silkies IS NOT Enough..... I fully intended to stop at 10 hens just for incubating...... Hrmph I'm over 30 now and if it weren't for selling hatching eggs, I'd have 500..... so save some room for some more babies......I'm glad Apryl started this thread..... Now I need to figure how to cut and paste a photo over here.... since I don't use a page just for storing photos any more....

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi silkie lovers! I have a couple of silkies - one white and one black, Jemima and Matilda. Just a question, all of your photos of your white ones look so CLEAN! Jemima is white and is constantly dirty! They free range all the time and their run is on fresh grass and I move them weekly but she is definitely more cream than crisp white like yours! Do you guys bath your white hens?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts