Chicken Forum banner

1 - 20 of 202 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
First let me say congrats on the new babies, they are darling. I raise Silkies, though I am relatively new at it. There is no way to really sex the chicks at this age. Silkies are one of the most difficult breeds to sex. I usually can't tell till one them lays an egg or crows.

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
I'm so envious! No silkies in my neck of the woods. Boooo! You all with silkies make me want one so much. Just one. One to spoil and love ... like the other 9 hens. :D They're so pretty and sound like they are a really sweet breed.

·
Flocker
1,588 Posts
They are like potato chips, you can't have just one!! Really, they don't associate with other chickens too much, so 2 silkies are great. They will hang together and be best buddies!!

·
Premium Member
4,193 Posts
Does anyone want mine. My Roo is beating everyone else up. My nice red pair is getting attacked by my other chickens and my hen is staying in the coop, fighting with the red pair and in despair. They are driving me nuts. Someone please take them before I kill them all.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have 3 Silkie hens, two have gone broody and are sitting on Silkie, Seramas and Sizzle eggs. I have two chicks(one is Sizzle) and I just picked up two young roosters. I love my Silkies, they are really great birds. I am incubating Seramas right now. I hope to be able to breed them together.
I just got into raising Chickens last year. At first I just picked birds on looks and disposition. Now I am trying to narrow down to three or four breeds to raise and eventually sell. I love Silkies so I know I will be keeping this breed It is so hard to decide which breeds to raise. I only have, black, white and gray Silkies right now. So I need to expand and get other colors.

1 - 20 of 202 Posts