Silkies & Sizzles

Discussion in 'Breeds & Genetics' started by Happeesupermom, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Happeesupermom

Happeesupermom Happee ChickenSuperMomma

Does anyone know where I can get either or both Sizzles & Silkies this Spring? I would like to add a few of these lovelies to my flock. I live in deep south Texas.

2. rob

rob New Member

plenty for sale over here, but its a little far away from you :)

3. BlackCrowFarm

BlackCrowFarm Junior Member

Do you want show quality? Go to the americansilkiebantamclub.org I believe they have a breeder list you can contact for chicks.

You can also purchase chicks for many of the commercial hatcheries, a few you can order as few as 3-4 chicks.

4. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

Talk to the Texas folks here. Put a shout out. There are about 4 that I know of that may have silkies and frizzles. Or post on the classified and swap pages/threads.

Good luck. I just got a splash silkie Roo for free this morning. I feel so lucky!

5. Happeesupermom

No, I don't want show quality. They would be just for me & my little flock. I just think they're so pretty! :)

I'll check around, thanks.

6. BuckeyeChickens

BuckeyeChickens New Member

go to www.poultryshowcentral.com and look for swap meets and poultry shows near your area.....go to them and talk to folks with the birds you are interested in buying! lots of show folks sell non-show fowl as well as show quality and swaps are usually your least expensive bet.

Good luck,

7. Happeesupermom

8. BuckeyeChickens

BuckeyeChickens New Member

Yup, anytime!!!:)