Chicken Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Silkie Roo (1.1 yr old) has been crowing every half hour/hour the past couple of days and I cannot get him to stop. Is anyone having this problem? I wonder if it is because of all the seasonal/springtime wild bird activity?

I live in a neighborhood and crowing a few times a day is no big deal but he has been crowing NON-STOP all day long.
Any ideas on getting him to settle down? I have logs/sticks in the large run, weeds, feed them kale/scraps/scratch and I let him out 2-3 times a day for supervised foraging.

What have I created here? I am wondering if I conditioned him. Yikes! haha...
<----------That is the culprit!!!!
Thanks!:eek:

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
Totally normal. lol Yes my silkie roo crows all day. They crow when they see something enter their are, hear a noise, and crow just for the heck of it. There is no stopping the crowing, if you cant have him crowing that much you may need to re-home him or make a French dinner.

·
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Apyl....he doesn't normally crow non-stop though. Was just wondering if it might be a spring time thing???? I suspect he has a Napolean complex, lol. He is spoiled too and I think maybe co-dependent (haha).....Now, that I have psycho-analyzed him....thanks for the feedback....you are always so good about responding to my threads. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts