Chicken Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody! I thought I would start this thread so everyone who had Marans could post pics of them. I love Marans ,they're my favorite breed, and would just "love" to see yours. Please feel free to post as many pics as you you would like. Thanks! :)

·
Registered
377 Posts
Not a very good pic but this is my Wheaten Marans roo, Wishbone. My three year old niece named him. He's a very nice boy. Was picked on a lot by the other chicks but as soon as they were out of the brooder and in the coop/run he got huge overnight it seemed and is now the boss. The hen follows him around making googly eyes at him. He doesn't really notice her yet. He is fast and wants to free range but I don't have the proper measures in place yet to allow it. This fall we are getting a perimeter fence around the whole five acres so maybe then. I also have a beautiful breeding trio of Black Coppers (French standard). No pics of those yet though.

image-748224985.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have 4.. One BCM that we rescued..she def isn't SQ but does give a beautiful egg and is super sweet! 2 Wheatens and our Blue copper Roo!
The Wheatens are beautiful! The BCM hen and the rooster look nice as well. Thanks so much for posting! :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts