Chicken Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guys, my friend is overflowing with chickens again so i decided i may take 3 from her because my flock needs expanding ;) ill post some picks she sent me of them. Her two bantams had them together and the mom had fuzzy feet like they do. I am only going to take them if they are hens, because i only want one rooster because they will most likely fight. My question is: do they look like roos? I dont think so, but would love to hear peoples thoughts. Also, do they look like a specific breed? Probably just mixed bantams im assuming. They are also 4 1/2 weeks or 5.

Here are some pics:

·
Banned
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Haha, really? I find this to be the "awkward" stage where they are feathered, but just barely have enough feathers to cover their body, making them look skinny and weird haha. Why do you like them in this stage? Any particular reason?

·
Registered
134 Posts
They look like they're in that "awkward teenage" stage, and they're changing from chicks to adults! I don't know, they're just so cute in that stage! Plus, this is the youngest age that you can tell the genders!

·
Registered
558 Posts
They look like they're in that "awkward teenage" stage, and they're changing from chicks to adults! I don't know, they're just so cute in that stage! Plus, this is the youngest age that you can tell the genders!
I remember when my girls were in this awkward teenage pinfeathery stage. So homely...

·
Registered
558 Posts
I think the two in the bottom pic are roos... I could be wrong, but...

·
Banned
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Also, i want to train my chicken (i have no life) because i love them and love doing things with them. There is an awesome website i am going to try but any suggestions would help!

·
Banned
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I could have sweared that you can use crown. No, i am pretty sure it can be called both? Maybe its just a more uncommon way? I have heard it before on thus forum i though, correct me if i am wrong?

·
Registered
134 Posts
I think that you can use the term crown, but it's proper name is comb (maybe it's more commonly called crown in other countries). Then of course are the 9 different types of combs... Single, Carnation or King's (Single with side sprigs - not really an official comb type, but is the standard for the Penedesenca, not an officially recognized breed), Pea, Rose (spiked and non-spiked), Walnut, Cushion, Strawberry, V-Shaped, and Buttercup.

Wow, did I give too much info again? I tend to do that when I am teaching people things... XD

1 - 20 of 29 Posts