Chicken Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a nice pond in my backyard and I'm planning to get some chickens.At the place I'm getting the chicks from they also have ducks.i don't really want to build a coop or any thing for them (except for waterers,feeders,and maybe a nesting box) do u think they would be ok.

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
If you dont want to build them a coop be prepared to loose them to predators. Personally I coop mine with my chickens.

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
Predators are never bad till you get critters. ;)

·
977 Posts
I use to keep my ducks in with my chickens. Then we got a 2 year old rooster to protect our girls and my male duck Donald got really protective and kept attacking the rooster. Donald was in the house more often getting bandaged up then he was in the coop! Donald and his girls have their own pin now.

image-2260657977.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks I well probably (ok this is my plan can be changed) I will let the ducks out of the chicken coop in the morning then before bed I will go out and put them in the chicken coop...what do u think about that??

·
Registered
231 Posts
I think that you should house them with the chickens, just make sure the chickens don't peck them. That's what I do! Ducks are so friendly if you train them!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts