Chicken Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a blue egg chicken, I believe its male. It has difficulty walking and sits often. He is 4 months old I was thinking to try giving it a horse supplement as I have it on hand. Will this help and is it ok to do so?
Font Material property Parallel Paper Document
Font Material property Parallel Paper Document

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wouldn't. That is formulated for a horse's system and could easily overwhelm something as small as a chicken.

If you could tell more about what you're seeing him doing we might be able to help get him on the right track.
That's not a wobble. That's some sort of seizure. Have you checked him over very carefully to make certain there is not external causing him to behave that way?
I'm pretty sure it just lost its balance and was trying to catch itself. But if you watch its legs just before and right after you can see he is struggling to keep his balance. He was doing a bit better today.

· Registered
154 Posts
Hope he i
The OP is is in Canada. I wonder if that's available there. I'm also wondering if it's very similar to what we call Rooster Booster here. Same idea, loaded with the necessary stuff birds need when things aren't quite right.
Yes, I see lots of chook owners talk about rooster booster. Think that's more down your end if the world. This supplement came highly recommended. Have to say, it's always in the first aid box now!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts