Chicken Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What i have noticed over the years is young rooster chicks usually have lager combs as chicks and have longer baby tails. Whale hen on the other hand have short combs and a touch shorter tails. Like windston (black one) is a hen. But small fri (brown one) is a rooster.
Bird Plant Beak Phasianidae Chicken
Bird Beak Organism Plant Grass

·
Registered
190 Posts
What i have noticed over the years is young rooster chicks usually have lager combs as chicks and have longer baby tails. Whale hen on the other hand have short combs and a touch shorter tails. Like windston (black one) is a hen. But small fri (brown one) is a rooster. View attachment 42544 View attachment 42545
I am not really sure what response you are wanting from this...? But yes, I agree. Bigger bodies, combs,legs and so on is what I look for to spot roosters when they are chicks. Good job on telling, and those are some pretty birds!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not really sure what response you are wanting from this...? But yes, I agree. Bigger bodies, combs,legs and so on is what I look for to spot roosters when they are chicks. Good job on telling, and those are some pretty birds!
Thanks i didn't care if anyone replied. But i think you can see why windstons name is windston. Also it is windstorm mashed to gather.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts