Chicken Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my little miracle chick who hatched despite the incubator going nuts and weaving between 86-103 degrees whenever it felt like it. It was the one of fourteen eggs that was tough enough to make it despite this. I think I am naming it Mighty. S/he is also my first hatchling so I am especially proud. LoL. S/he is a Serama, the smallest breed of chicken.

Here s/he is with a regular Milk Bone.

A tasty spoon from the kitchen...

A memory card for all you computer savvy peeps.

A small jar of Cream of Tartar for all you cooks. I love the expression - such confidence it'll never be used on him/her!

And a match box car... (Took this right after taking the wee one out of the incubator.)

·
Registered
7 Posts
What a cute baby! We have three Seramas - two hens and a roo - going on seven weeks old. I loved how when they had just hatched I could hold all three of them in one hand!

·
Premium Member
4,193 Posts
These are so cute. Great sense of humor with all the different items. Chuckling as you walk around the house taking photos. I sent the matchbox car to my 19 year old son. Lol

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ended up with two of them and they're both weighing in at 1.2oz after more than a week of growing! They're funny little birds, just getting in their tail feathers. They look like tiny aspiring peacocks. :D

Also my unrelated cockerel finally let me take a somewhat decent photo of him today!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts