Chicken Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Wonderful Friend
1,784 Posts
Yeah I re-homed the extra chick that hatchery sent with my Hamburg’s on Craigslist because they sent a huge barred rock rooster and he was at least twice the size of the Hamburg’s And I didn’t wanna risk him hurting them with breeding, and the lady saw how much I loved him and sent me pics of him after and updated me on how he was doing. I put the sebright roo’s on Craigslist about 2 weeks ago exactly and not one interested person has contacted me yet only a bot. I put $10 (even though I would gladly give them away or even pay someone to make sure they go to a good home) but I’m afraid if I put free roosters I will get people who might want to cock fight or want a free chicken dinner and just want it cause it’s free. I changed it to $5 but still nothing. =P still hoping there will be ONE even, would help, if one was re-homed.
Good luck. It’s nerve wracking, and right now so many others are offering similar or same as we are. (I’m trying to home some chicks, prob will have to let them go in pairs tho I want to keep some females…)
It’s tough! Just don’t give up, you’ll find them, they’re out there. If I could rehome 7 of them last year… yeah, true story. We got better than 50% males all around last year.
Can you post some fliers at local feed stores or anything? Might be worth a try!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Good luck. It’s nerve wracking, and right now so many others are offering similar or same as we are. (I’m trying to home some chicks, prob will have to let them go in pairs tho I want to keep some females…)
It’s tough! Just don’t give up, you’ll find them, they’re out there. If I could rehome 7 of them last year… yeah, true story. We got better than 50% males all around last year.
Can you post some fliers at local feed stores or anything? Might be worth a try!
Yeah I’m going to have to do something because they are growing way too fast. The boys are the tamest and sweetest ones

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Re homed them all to a local farm that will use them for breeding . He promised to take care of them and promised no cock fighting. (My bf was mad at me for saying that) but I’m not messing around. I needed him to assure me they would not be abused as it’s strange to me for someone to adopt 5 roosters at once. I really hope they’re all happy. I should message him and check in lol or is that weird?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Sebrights are few and far between. If he's honorable as to their care then he came out on the winning side.

I'd say they couldn't be used for cock fighting, they're too small.
Good, lol. See, I don’t even know what size a rooster needs to be for that. I do know that my rooster dembaes spurs are so sharp and long, but my serama omg is like a cute little nub. 🥰

21 - 32 of 32 Posts