Chicken Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That first pic is adorable.

Rats on the boys. What are you going to do?
I’m going to try my best to get them into a good home somewhere. I can’t handle the thought of them being eaten or abused and i don’t kill/eat my chickens. so just praying some nice people want a rooster for a pet, or breeding or something besides dinner. Lol

·
Wonderful Friend
1,784 Posts
I’m going to try my best to get them into a good home somewhere. I can’t handle the thought of them being eaten or abused and i don’t kill/eat my chickens. so just praying some nice people want a rooster for a pet, or breeding or something besides dinner. Lol
I have had decent luck with CL on rehoming my roos. Honestly- I just got two pullets in return for the roos I gave the one guy last year. So, be choosy in who you meet of course, but there are still good ones out there. Good luck!

**and, of course, some of mine have gone to Dan too.

·
Administrator
22,322 Posts
I blame my bf for ordering 15 straight run chicks =P but, actually, we ordered 15 female chicks with the Hamburg’s and there were 5 roosters in there too.
Bantams only come in unsexed. Trying to sex them at a day old is physically dangerous.

Hopefully the sebright's are coming back enough that someone will hop all over having one or two.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have had decent luck with CL on rehoming my roos. Honestly- I just got two pullets in return for the roos I gave the one guy last year. So, be choosy in who you meet of course, but there are still good ones out there. Good luck!

**and, of course, some of mine have gone to Dan too.
Yeah I re-homed the extra chick that hatchery sent with my Hamburg’s on Craigslist because they sent a huge barred rock rooster and he was at least twice the size of the Hamburg’s And I didn’t wanna risk him hurting them with breeding, and the lady saw how much I loved him and sent me pics of him after and updated me on how he was doing. I put the sebright roo’s on Craigslist about 2 weeks ago exactly and not one interested person has contacted me yet only a bot. I put $10 (even though I would gladly give them away or even pay someone to make sure they go to a good home) but I’m afraid if I put free roosters I will get people who might want to cock fight or want a free chicken dinner and just want it cause it’s free. I changed it to $5 but still nothing. =P still hoping there will be ONE even, would help, if one was re-homed.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Bantams only come in unsexed. Trying to sex them at a day old is physically dangerous.

Hopefully the sebright's are coming back enough that someone will hop all over having one or two.
So I ordered the Hamburg’s from Murray McMurray Hatchery a few years ago and they claim they can sex them with I think 80-90% guarantee, but that was not the percentage i got. I bet they just do the wing sexing or maybe certain traits females might have when they try to sex them. I still have my Hamburg rooster and he is SO LOUD. He crows 18 hours a day I think, unless I’m out there hanging out with him and talking to him. I try to run out as often as I can, and he oddly enough loves to be petted and wants me to always be near or he just tries to get to me. I love him though and I don’t want to re-home him. yes I really really hope someone is interested within the next month or two while they are still young and can adjust easier hopefully. We will see. 🤞🏻

1 - 20 of 32 Posts